cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25 Tracking Numbers have vanished ????

I always check every night that my Tracking numbers are loaded either by Stamps.com or me and that they have an acceptance scan . Tonight (Monday) I did my nightly check and 25 tracking numbers from the last few days are missing. They were there yesterday night after I printed out all my labels for today's mail.  Even stranger is when I tried to re enter the tracking numbers they were already filled in. I hit save and nothing is saved.  I vaguely remember someone else having a similar problem but I could not find it on the forums.

Any info would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: 25 Tracking Numbers have vanished ????

Do you still have the receipts from stamps.com or can you go to stamps.com to find the tracking numbers?   If yes, then you can enter them in the usps website to find their status.

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

I have the tracking numbers. That is not the problem. The problem is that now I may  get 25 metric hits for not uploading tracking numbers. Not sure what is going on.  

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Same here. It's not affecting all of my orders, only a small number- 12 from yesterday and 1 from Saturday.

brian@ebay tyler@ebay 

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

We have a significant number of shipped orders that are marked as shipped in eBay, but the tracking is not displayed on Manage Orders page and they show the "Add tracking" link - When you click add tracking, it DOES show the USPS tracking # but for some reason it's not shown from the manage orders page.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

Yes, and this morning even more are missing the tracking...even the ones that were delivered already.  The ones which had delivered have now reverted back to shipped.

brian@ebay tyler@ebay 

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

We are having the same issue with shipped orders marked as shipped in eBay, but no tracking is displayed. Curiously, on the mobile eBay app, the tracking number  shows up for the order. 

Has anyone heard anything from eBay as to what might be happening?

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

I looked again and even an order that shipped last Tuesday is affected. It's a bunch that shipped Monday, then intermittent days going back a week.

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

I called ebay and was told that she saw the tracking numbers  that should have been loaded. It was probably their glitch and she made a note in my record.   I was told I shouldn't worry.  LOL

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Yeah- the info is there, but it's hidden on the backend. If eBay wasn't recognizing the tracking then these orders would all be under Awaiting Shipment. They're appropriately under the Paid and Shipped filter, so at least there's that- but it's still an issue that we can't see tracking on the  orders page to quickly check on delivery issues, etc. It also makes me wonder if the buyers can see tracking on their purchase history page or not. 

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

We have been contacted by one of our customers who reported that they cannot see the tracking on their end on their purchase history page. It is just showing as "shipped" with NO tracking (even though there is a valid tracking number for the shipment).

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

Well I have run into some cases this past year of Stamps.com not being successful with loading my tracking after I printed a  label. The sale was listed as Shipped  but had no  tracking displayed.  The first few times I ended up with metric hits until I started checking ebay every time I printed a label and inserted the tracking number manually. It  still happens (Stamps and ebay blame me or each other).

Now this is a different problem but my trust is waning.

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Same here. It's not affecting all of my orders, only a small number- 12 from yesterday and 1 from Saturday.

brian@ebay tyler@ebay 

Hi @coffeebean832 & @tod184 - there's a ticket that was opened up overnight and is being worked on currently, but I'm not certain it's the same thing that you're reporting. I'm going to pin it to the top of the Tech issues board - would you mind reviewing it and letting me know if what you're encountering is different? 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Hi tyler@ebay

Thank you for your update.  There is one correction.

"Is there a workaround?

Clicking the "Add Tracking" button will populate the tracking information."

This does not put the tracking number on display in the seller hub.  The tracking number will show in the add tracking area but then you can not actually add it.

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

Thank you for this @tod184! I'll make sure to communicate that upward - the tech team is pretty dead set on that being an official workaround.  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 48
latest reply