cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread on Tech Board "Ongoing Techincal Issues"

sheila@ebay 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Ongoing-technical-issues/m-p/32866800#M983...

This thread isn't being kept up with information that tech problems have been reported.......no additional items added since Dec..........  I know for sure the last one is still on going

here are a couple of threads

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Where-s-my-Search-Bar/m-p/33481730#M107459

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Hover-to-Zoom-problems-not-working-right/m...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Issue-with-quot-this-is-a-gift-quot-custom...

This board was invaluable to prevent repetitious reports.........as well as "reminders" of what may/may not be fixed........and we fought long and hard to get something like this instituted........I sure hope it isn't being "deprecated"........

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Thread on Tech Board "Ongoing Techincal Issues"

@dhbookds wrote:

sheila@ebay 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Ongoing-technical-issues/m-p/32866800#M983...

This thread isn't being kept up with information that tech problems have been reported.......no additional items added since Dec..........  I know for sure the last one is still on going

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Where-s-my-Search-Bar/m-p/33481730#M107459

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Hover-to-Zoom-problems-not-working-right/m...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Issue-with-quot-this-is-a-gift-quot-custom...

This board was invaluable to prevent repetitious reports.........as well as "reminders" of what may/may not be fixed........and we fought long and hard to get something like this instituted........I sure hope it isn't being "deprecated"........

Hey @dhbookds! On daily we look into open site issues that have tickets open for them that could be of value to our members of community. Some of the issues that are being reported throughout different post do not always have a sitewide ticket that we can share for members to reach out to customer support with. When we see a common issue that do not have a sitewide ticket we report it to the correct teams on our end for a fix to be looked into. We will continue to work with our tech teams to help provide more sitewide tickets to share when possible.

Devon,
eBay
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Devon, how do you know anything is being looked at or done?  Obviously, I don't know tickets from shinola.....but most of the issues I mention were confirmed and even if they aren't "sitewide"......or whatever criteria there is.........they should be on a to do fix list........even if they are at the bottom of the list.  If I could find the PL guy's email and call it to his attention.....I'll bet that issue would be on the ticket list right quick.  

Point is we need confirmation that someone acknowledges the problem with or without a ticket.....so we don't have to post the same things over and over..........  and you (somebody) at ebay needs to know if/how long it takes to get things fixed.......

Unfortunately, we hear alot of "we'll take it to the team"..........and then nothing further........which, of course, doesn't tell us of any progress in solving the problem. 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Adding some context ...

The pinned post on the tech board lists issues that have site-wide tickets created. I worked with Tyler a while back to get that pinned post up because having access to the site-wide tech ticket number meant we could streamline our contact with CS and save tons of time when reporting a problem on our account - just give them the ticket number, account name and other necessary info. A 30 min call whittled down to a 5 min call or a single message sent through social media.

In order for a site-wide ticket to be created, a certain percent/number of IDs have to contact CS to report the same issue.

All those account-specific tickets need to be reported correctly by the CS agent so they can be connected - this can sometimes mean getting past language barriers, lack of tech knowledge from both user and CS, inability to recognize cause of problem, etc so the problem is correctly identified/reported.

Once enough people report a problem and those individual tickets can be connected to the same issue, a site-wide ticket is created. Depending on the severity of the issue and how many people are reporting it, the higher priority the ticket will get for a fix.

This is why it's so important to report tech issues to CS and not dismiss it as too much of a hassle, a waste of time, or rely on others to do the reporting. The more people reporting, the better chance it will get a site-wide ticket and higher priority for a fix.

Here's an example of a significant and harmful tech issue that's been ongoing since the first week of October that doesn't have a site-wide ticket:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/eBay-not-recognizing-quot-Delivered-to-Agent-for-Final-Delive...

I brought the issue to this forum and asked Devon to take it directly to the shipping team because after 2+ months I knew my account-specific ticket wasn't going anywhere and the issue is costing a lot of sellers time and money while unscrupulous buyers take advantage. It's also wasting CS resources as all these sellers have to call/chat to file appeals, etc - then the appeals dept needs to review. All over a change/glitch in programming.

Because not enough individual accounts have reported the problem (delivered to agent is not the most common of delivery scans), and because CS is not filing tickets on every call/chat (some reps believe incorrectly the packages weren't delivered), there is no site-wide ticket.

Despite that, I have confidence Devon is working on it with the Shipping team, however I do agree with you @dhbookds that it would be beneficial to note some of these issues in the pinned tech post even though there aren't site wide tickets - to acknowledge it's happening in a central reference location.

Perhaps instead of providing the ticket number for contacting CS (since there isn't one) there could be a brief description of the problem, a link to a post where eBay staff has participated, and encouragement to contact CS if ones account is affected.

It's up to the community team to decide if they are able to make that kind of change to the process.

I would also vote to spin off the replies on the pinned tech post into a new thread, lock it and let it die off. It's not necessary to leave the replies there due to the age - keep it clean and to the point. 😁

Side note:

This thread mentioned in the OP https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Where-s-my-Search-Bar/m-p/33481730#M107459 doesn't appear to be a tech issue, but rather a design change that was implemented this week on non-store accounts.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

So, is anybody from the Community Team going to respond here?

If so, add this to the technical board problem mega-thread: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/bidding-issue-unpaid-item-known-glitch-per...

June 8, 2021 with NO assistance from customer support despite repeated attempts.

It's insane that there are all these technical problems, tickets and issues and there doesn't appear to be anyone left to even acknowledge people here anymore.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Thank you devon@ebay or whichever member of your team created a new pinned post for the tech board and added an "updated" date to the title. It saves me the trouble of having to check it when there were no updates.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thank you devon@ebay or whichever member of your team created a new pinned post for the tech board and added an "updated" date to the title. It saves me the trouble of having to check it when there were no updates.

I sure agree, but wonder if the date will be changed as things are added/deleted.......Velvet said it couldn't be changed.  And didn't a couple of things posted for Jan. get left off the new list?

Also, you state that the lack of search bar for sellers without stores is a deliberate change......was there any confirmation of that, other than what was reported from CS on the thread?  I would like viewable statement from an ebay employee about it......

@wastingtime101   Been pondering your lengthy (and appreciated detail) about reporting Tech problems.   I do appreciate your efforts and will probably spend more time later tilting at windmills......

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

The search bar was removed from all accounts, then later it was added back only to store accounts. They didn't add it back to non-stores and it's been a while, so all signs point to deliberate. Maybe Devon can weigh in on that with an official word - he was tagged on that linked thread so I'm not sure if he went to the search / accounts (whichever) team to get any info because initially I had asked about stores exclusively.

They've been making a lot of changes to account pages the last few months and I'm sure they're not done yet. Maybe the search bar will reappear because there are so many complaints about it on buying, selling and tech boards plus on social media I've seen complaints.

I'm sure Devon or whoever updates will change the date on the tech post title, otherwise it wouldn't have been added. It should be just like the pinned post on this board where Nicole changes the date on the title with each week's update.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

sheila@ebay 

devon@ebay, @dhbookds 

I just tried to use the first link in the post above ... First, per the pic below I get dumped on to the Selling board when I think it should be the Share eBay Technical Issues board under the Community tab.  Next, I get a banner notification that the information has been Archived.

I also expected to find that ongoing tech issue thread PINNED  to the top of some board but if it is I can't find it and I don't want a link to it I want it to be pinned to the top of a specific board and stay above any threads I pin myself. Is that all possible?  I certainly can't point anyone to the tech issue thread if I don't EASY access to it.

Screenshot (4229).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

That link in the first post is dead.........they replaced it with a new thread (pinned) on 1/16.........you should see it pinned on top of the Tech board. 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

That link in the first post is dead.........they replaced it with a new thread (pinned) on 1/16.........you should see it pinned on top of the Tech board. 

Nope @dhbookds it is not pinned to the top of the Tech board on my flow ... my "Floated" threads are above it and devon@ebay the eBay Pinned threads should always go above a member's floated / pinned threads.

Regards,
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Do you see it pinned below your floated threads @mr_lincoln?

It sounds like the issue might be your floated threads are appearing above the pinned post, not that the pinned post isn't there.

On the Selling forum, do you have floated threads and do they appear above or below the current pinned post about 1099 forms?

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

Nope @dhbookds it is not pinned to the top of the Tech board on my flow ... my "Floated" threads are above it and devon@ebay the eBay Pinned threads should always go above a member's floated / pinned threads.

oops, sorry misunderstood your question.........thought you couldn't find it at all.........

Just for info.......on selling board........my pinned threads have always "topped".........board pinned threads........

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

Hey @mr_lincoln! For the new pinned post in the Tech Board it shows pinned as the first thread on my end. Do you have a screenshot of what you are seeing when you click into the board? 

Devon,
eBay
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

Hey @mr_lincoln! For the new pinned post in the Tech Board it shows pinned as the first thread on my end. Do you have a screenshot of what you are seeing when you click into the board? 

devon@ebay   Sure ... it is WAY down the page, several scrolls to get there ... it appears BELOW all of my "Floated" threads.

Screenshot (4230).png

Regards,
Message 15 of 23
latest reply