cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Voices?

I just noticed a new area in the community called Voices.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Voices/ct-p/seller-voices

It looks like they are piloting the program with the Collectibles category to build a section specifically for sellers to provide insights to appropriate teams.

This looks like it could be a great addition to the community!

Thanks brian_burke@ebay  tyler@ebay  rebecca@ebay sheila@ebay and the rest of the @community_team - I'm excited to see where this goes. 

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Seller Voices?

@dhbookds wrote:

One of the "guys" on the Podcast said he would be there tomorrow to answer questions.......considering the "depth" of collectibles.......coins/toys (comics), action figures, nfts and other men stuff on the podcast, it should be interesting, not.

From recent indications, eBay doesn't think "Collectibles" have anything to do with things that are actually collectible.

eBay FYI -- if it has anything to do with #sneakerheads. it's not "collectible".

If it has anything to do with #sportscards, it's not a "collectible".

Those are fake news. Collectibles are things that have tangible value, in the long term.

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

One of the "guys" on the Podcast said he would be there tomorrow to answer questions.......considering the "depth" of collectibles.......coins/toys (comics), action figures, nfts and other men stuff on the podcast, it should be interesting, not.

@dhbookds - I heard that in the check in - glad to hear they'll be making an appearance at least. 🤣

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@valueaddedresource I'll follow up with the team that's managing this and get a status. I'll try to have an answer next week. I'm not sure if something has changed with this program, though it hasn't been 90 days yet

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 18 of 35
latest reply

sheila@ebay wrote:

@valueaddedresource I'll follow up with the team that's managing this and get a status. I'll try to have an answer next week. I'm not sure if something has changed with this program, though it hasn't been 90 days yet

sheila@ebay thank you but my understanding based on what was posted in that section was the pilot would be running for 90 days but "On a monthly basis, the Category Manager will respond to the most popular ideas"

Also, as @dhbookds pointed out, in the seller check in yesterday we were told that Steve Halupka Senior Category Manager, Collectibles was going to stop by today to answer questions there - is that not going to happen?

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

It's just a shame how ebay treats this stuff..........throw it up/ignore it/then take it down for because of no use......  Waste of time/resources/and, most of all, their credibility........  I thought that's the kind of thing Jamie and Jordan came back to "fight".......... 

If anyone knew exactly what this thing was for......it sure wasn't me........and the participants...... didn't sound like they knew either.......

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

It's just a shame how ebay treats this stuff..........throw it up/ignore it/then take it down for because of no use......  Waste of time/resources/and, most of all, their credibility........  I thought that's the kind of thing Jamie and Jordan came back to "fight".......... 

If anyone knew exactly what this thing was for......it sure wasn't me........and the participants...... didn't sound like they knew either.......

@dhbookds - agree 100%! Yesterday in the check-in we had Andrea and Rebecca both going on and on about how important the "feedback loop" is to eBay, just like we had Jamie and Jordan saying the same things at eBay Open and just like we've been hearing for over a year and half from them now.

It really is a shame that it seems so difficult for those words to translate into actions. 😞

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

I never really "got" the point of it. Random sellers were selected to post FB with no info as to how they were chosen and no info for sellers to apply to be chosen. There was no publicity anywhere outside of this board that I saw.

If eBay was going to take it seriously, this is not how we would have seen it rolled out. It felt like a non-starter from the get-go. Is it terrible for me to say that based on the way it was rolled out- that I expected it would go nowhere and be abandoned within the first month?

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

lol, since there was no visitation..........I predict it will soon "disappear".............into the vast wasteland of ebay discards.........

@coffeebean832 

@valueaddedresource 

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

lol, since there was no visitation..........I predict it will soon "disappear".............into the vast wasteland of ebay discards.........

@coffeebean832 

@valueaddedresource 

@dhbookds  yup, it just makes me wonder why even bother with the pretense in the seller check in? I get it, things happen and maybe something came up so Steve couldn't make it but at least have someone show up or have one of the community crew post a message saying "postponed" or....something?

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

I don't get it either, Resource.............they give lip service to wanting feedback.......but then continually shoot themselves in the foot.....same as always.........  Rebecca just gushed over how important our feedback was, the precious program with all the surveys.......but whoever Steve/team is obviously not on the same page.....and no one apparently even knew Voices was set up originally as a monthly response, not 90 days.

Way back.......I think the last Open they had, we were questioning a Seller Ebay person about the "calendar" that Ebay once had, delineating the holidays and what we should be doing or what ebay was going to do.......the thing hadn't been updated in at least a yr.......maybe 2......  The answer was that whoever put it up to begin with was no longer there and no one could figure out how to update it.......so they just left it up........

that's the kind of thing that just makes you want to pull your hair out........in the grand scheme of things, it's a flea on an elephant.........  But if the elephant gets enough fleas, it's going to stagger at least a bit......and every single time something like this happens........they lose the confidence of more people.  Wonder what those people who put the questions up feel like? 

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

The answer was that whoever put it up to begin with was no longer there and no one could figure out how to update it.......so they just left it up........ 

I've had previous employers call me and say there was something I always used to do that they couldn't figure out and would I mind giving them some direction. I happily gave them the info. Unless someone left on bad terms- why not call and ask? For a "tech-led" company, they should be able to figure out stuff like that whether the person that used to handle it is available or not.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

sheila@ebay wrote:

Maybe Rebecca ought to know about this also.......since she seemed to support Voices and tried to get someone to attend to it.

rebecca@ebay 

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

sheila@ebay wrote:

sheila@ebay thank you but my understanding based on what was posted in that section was the pilot would be running for 90 days but "On a monthly basis, the Category Manager will respond to the most popular ideas"

Also, as @dhbookds pointed out, in the seller check in yesterday we were told that Steve Halupka Senior Category Manager, Collectibles was going to stop by today to answer questions there - is that not going to happen?

@valueaddedresource I just asked Tyler about this and he said that Steve was going to pop in during the Checkin to answer questions. Both Tyler and I didn't have a chance to go the CheckIn last week. Was Steve not there?

Today I found out that a new topic was supposed to go live on Friday, but something is wrong with the posting ID. Give me a little time to find what's going on. 

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 28 of 35
latest reply

sheila@ebay wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

sheila@ebay wrote:

@valueaddedresource I just asked Tyler about this and he said that Steve was going to pop in during the Checkin to answer questions. Both Tyler and I didn't have a chance to go the CheckIn last week. Was Steve not there?

Today I found out that a new topic was supposed to go live on Friday, but something is wrong with the posting ID. Give me a little time to find what's going on. 

sheila@ebay  Steve was on the Check In - at one point in his part of the presentation he mentioned the Voices program for collectibles, had a slide up on the screen showing a link back to the Voices:Collectibles area in the community and said "I'll actually be responding tomorrow and looking forward to responding to some of the suggestions that are in there."

That's what @dhbookds was talking about - there was a specific call out in the check in that said Steve was going to participate in the Voices posts on Friday, and that didn't happen.

tyler@ebay  - tagging you in as well just for reference.

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

Thanks @valueaddedresource you saved me from trying to explain.........but I'm just not sure why it had to be explained........isn't there SOMEONE in charge (and I don't mean Tyler, I doubt he came up with this .....).    Shelia, I appreciate you're trying to help and realize you are in the middle, with us complaining.......about something you aren't responsible for. 

This forum is for Collectibles sellers to share category-specific ideas for improvement with the Collectibles Category Manager. All sellers are able to ‘like’ other sellers’ posts, but only Voices Sellers are able to post. On a monthly basis, the Category Manager will respond to the most popular ideas–so be sure to ‘like’ posts that resonate with you!

And now you (Shelia) stated there was supposed to be a new topic uploaded?  Was there a topic on the first iteration?  No support, no participation from ebay........frankly, I'd call it dead.  Whatever enthusiasm that was generated in the beginning is bound to be gone by now..........

Message 30 of 35
latest reply