cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Status Message

Hi, Doug...I have a question about the privacy setting for showing a posters online status.  I was under the impression that when you checked the box for "no one" to see your "online status" that all references to your online status would be eliminated, but that doesn't seem to be the case because even though the "currently online" message does not show, directly under a posters helpful and post count, there is a message that states the date of your last visit which pretty much makes the privacy setting useless, imo.

online status.PNG

Would it be possible to eliminate that date if you have checked the "no one" box for showing your online status?  doug@ebay

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Online Status Message

Hi @lovtaco0, I've done some testing with tagging and spacing, and haven't been able to duplicate the issue.

Let's take a look at browser and platform. Desktop or mobile? MAC or PC? If mobile, IOS or Android?

Thanks!

doug@ebaythe space here will not be recognized because the tag is the first word in the sentance.

But doug@ebay the space will show here because the tag is not the first word in the sentence.

doug@ebay, here the space will be recognized because I put a comma after the tag.

Sorry for all the tags - they were necessary to demonstrate the technical issue.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Mac / Firefox 59

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

doug@ebay

This is happening to many
I am using a laptop Windows 10 Edge, Sometimes Chrome

When I @ I have been hitting the shift enter to move down a few lines to try to stop it.
This 1st screenshot is from just tonight
 It is all over Knowledge Base & other boards as well 
mr_lincoln has the same issue I see it alot

@mr_lincoln 
Which browser do you use, as I see you have the same issue as we do with the @

I used a screen shot of one of your posts for doug to see it happening 🙂 Thanks for the loner buddy 
doug tag run together 5-18.JPG

Knowledge base 1 of mr_lincoln's post & there are many other posters I see this is happening to as well.

doug tag run together 2 5-18.JPG

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@labs118  Use my posts any time, they're free to The Community!  I use primarily I.E. on Windows 8.1 and occasionally Firefox. 

copy to: doug@ebay

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 19 of 19
latest reply