cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications on Community Boards Not Working

alan@ebay 

tyler@ebay 

My Notifications stopped working on Community Boards this morning and it shows 0 for a count on the bell.  Last night I had 101 on the count (stuck at that number since this past week).  I hadn't clicked on the Notification Bell all week, but I was definitely seeing replies to my posts.  When I click on the bell now a banner pops up with the message:

Notification feed

You don't have any notifications. Try posting a new topic or question to see some activity here.

Is there currently a problem with Notifications?  I just reported this to Customer Support and they opened a ticket, but they weren't aware of any issues.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

It's a technical issue for Lithium (the company that runs the discussion boards), not for eBay..

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

It's a technical issue for Lithium (the company that runs the discussion boards), not for eBay..

It's actually a Customer Support Issue for eBay and has been addressed here in the past.  This has been an ongoing intermittent issue since I started posting ~ Feb. of this year. 

Some other members have also reported Notifications stopped working and they received a message vs. their Notification History (as I did)).  This morning Notifications were working again and then ~ noon until 4 PM, not working again.  Looks like sometime later in the evening some Notifications, but right now I'm not sure (need to compare reply post time-stamps to history).

Are you experiencing any issues? 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I haven't noticed any issues, but I don't pay much attention to the bell.  In an earlier thread about this issue, Community staffer  Doug said, "we'll keep an eye on it, and work with Lithium for an update."

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@greg5000 there is a notifications issue Khoros (the Community provider) is working on. Customer Support wouldn't be familiar with the issue as the Community is not hosted by eBay, but thank you for reaching out and reporting it. alan@ebay should have an update later today.

@greg5000 wrote:

alan@ebay 

tyler@ebay 

My Notifications stopped working on Community Boards this morning and it shows 0 for a count on the bell.  Last night I had 101 on the count (stuck at that number since this past week).  I hadn't clicked on the Notification Bell all week, but I was definitely seeing replies to my posts.  When I click on the bell now a banner pops up with the message:

Notification feed

You don't have any notifications. Try posting a new topic or question to see some activity here.

Is there currently a problem with Notifications?  I just reported this to Customer Support and they opened a ticket, but they weren't aware of any issues.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Is Khoros part of Lithium?
doug@ebay

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Hi @loveyourimagination49 Lithium has changed their name to Khoros, after merging with a social listening company called Spredfast.

More info: https://www.spredfast.com/social-marketing-blog/spredfast-lithium-future-customer-engagement

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
Is Khoros part of Lithium?
doug@ebay

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

doug@ebay wrote:

Hi @loveyourimagination49 Lithium has changed their name to Khoros, after merging with a social listening company called Spredfast.

I sure hope all our same super dedicated, efficient and effective mods will still be working with the eBay community platform.

P.S. There's just somethin' about a company named "Spredfast." Sounds too much like a whipped non-dairy butter product a person would put on toast in order to provide an enhanced morning meal experience.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@pburn no worries, same team of mods. 

grinning

@pburn wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

I sure hope all our same super dedicated, efficient and effective mods will still be working with the eBay community platform.

P.S. There's just somethin' about a company named "Spredfast." Sounds too much like a whipped non-dairy butter product a person would put on toast in order to provide an enhanced morning meal experience.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Hi @greg5000

Khoros confirmed they experienced an issue with notifications over the weekend. The issue should be resolved now. Let us know if you experience other issues. 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Called them 4 times about notifications what a song and dance ... and a load of **bleep**.

And customer service.....

Every company wants to know about their CS , not Ebay... I wonder why... NOT WE KNOW WHY!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply