cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow sales

Is everyone slow of is it just me?  They are buying but cheap, cheap.  Probably trying to figure out how to pay for gas.  Me too.

thanks!!

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

slow sales

I think eBay is implementing some new security measurements causing lots of eBayers access denied to eBay site.
I notice some complaints on the WEB saying eBay.com shows the following message when users trying to login
Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.ebay.com/sh/ovw" on this server.
Reference #18.257b4117.1650133728.16a9ca9d

I got questions from buyers asking why they cannot pay for items also ...
I think this is the major issue causing eBay sales slumps big time.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

slow sales

I think eBay is implementing some new security measurements causing lots of eBayers access denied to eBay site.
I notice some complaints on the WEB saying eBay.com shows the following message when users trying to login
Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.ebay.com/sh/ovw" on this server.
Reference #18.257b4117.1650133728.16a9ca9d

I got questions from buyers asking why they cannot pay for items also ...
I think this is the major issue causing eBay sales slumps big time.

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

slow sales

Many sellers who are from many different categories are saying the same thing. You will hear from people who sell 1, 2, or 3 items a month and they will tell you things are peachy. I will not renew my store come July.

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

slow sales

@farwaywow 

In some cases "Access Denied" issues can be caused by a particular browser. Try using a different browser to see if that makes a difference. Trying a different link to reach eBay can be useful if you are having problems signing in using an old bookmark.

"Access Denied" errors when trying to check out or pay often indicate some sort of network error.

If you are using a VPN, try disabling it.

If you are using a custom firewall, that may be causing problems.

Try paying using your phone or laptop when not connected to your usual network wifi.

See here for further suggestions of things to try:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Access-Denied/m-p/29845776#M56948

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

slow sales

We would rather sell 120 items for over 60K than five thousand items for 5K. It really has nothing to do with quantity or value, but if the person is getting what they want out of eBay. Yes, there are certain markets that have not been hit by inflation and are having record sales on eBay, at auction houses, independent businesses. Plenty of Americans have tons of cash and they are investing in tangibles (investment grade collectibles). Two to five million today is not rich but allows you to live nicely and plenty of Americans from 30 somethings to the millions of retirees have that type of worth. It is just the market one is catering to that determines if some inflation will hurt their pocket books.

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

slow sales

Now that would explain it it now would it not?

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

slow sales

Yes. Slowed down mid March.  Guess it's starting to get nice out, everything is getting really pricey, and the world has gone nuts.

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

slow sales

@wheredidiputthatremote wrote:

Yes. Slowed down mid March.  Guess it's starting to get nice out, everything is getting really pricey, and the world has gone nuts.

It's also Easter weekend and everyone is trying to get their taxes done... (Now, where did I put that $601.00 1099-K...)

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

slow sales

I'm really slow too! March was good but April, has been terrible so far. We are only in the middle of the month, but still!

I know that's not much of a solution, but I thought it might be helpful for you to know that you aren't the only one that's having a slow month...

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

slow sales

That permission message you posted is not an ebay buyer message.  Thats an error you'd see trying to log into a sellers' overview page.  So unless "buyers" are trying to hijack some sellers account, they won't ever see that message.

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

slow sales

Ever since ebay sent out 75% off promoted listings promo invites to select targeted sellers, its killed my sales.  My top 20 listings have dropped 50% since then.  I expect that when most of those people stop promoted listings when the 75% off trial ends, my rankings will improve and sales will start again.  Its the only thing that has changed recently to explain it and i can see my impression metrics affected by it,

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

slow sales

If you can explain how you had 0 sales on April 1st

yet 14 on April 3

you will have the true answer. 

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

slow sales

April 1 was a Friday.  YMMV but I rarely get any sales on Fridays.

April 3 was a Sunday. I usually have  my best sales on Sundays and Tuesdays, both number and value, across all of my accounts.

I have no explanation for this, and anecdote is, of course, not data.

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

slow sales

4th day is a row without any sales.  5th week in a row when I cannot hit 5 sales.  NEVER seen it this bleak.  I do not see any change in the near future - especially with warmer weather on the way.  I want to get my # of listings up much higher & see if that stops me from going to the poor house.   Ooops..... sorry.......already a resident.   lol   😞   Best of luck to all!   🙂

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

slow sales

Stores around here are crammed - that's where everybody is.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 39
latest reply