cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping

What do you do when your package are not be scanned by the post office . I have things that are delivered with no be scanned and it is being held against  me  .

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

shipping

Not really enough information; however, if you want to make sure your packages are scanned, present them in person and stand there til they are scanned.  

Or make a phone call to your local Postmaster.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

shipping

Take it to the counter at the post office and make them scan it.

Where I ship from they are good about scanning pre-paid packages left in their pre-paid package tote.   Alot of package shipping goes into that tote and I think they would get complaints if it was not scanned.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

shipping

@danasattic 

I take my packages to the counter, get them scanned and get a receipt.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

shipping

Most of the post offices that I've been using have 24 hour, 7 days a week "self-serve" kiosks, where I can scan the tracking codes for confirmation, and then drop off the packages in the chute.

At post offices that do not have a kiosk, I stand in line with everyone else.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

shipping

You are stating they are being 'delivered' (nothing to do with initial scan; not sure why everyone is commenting about initial scans..but anyway)

and still do NOT show as being delivered??

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

shipping

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

You are stating they are being 'delivered' (nothing to do with initial scan; not sure why everyone is commenting about initial scans..but anyway)

and still do NOT show as being delivered??

Because if they are being delivered on time then there would be no ding at all.

Seems like the OP is getting dings for uploading tracking on time but NOT getting an acceptance scan within their handling time.

While it's possible for a package to be accepted and delivered without any scans it's an extremely rare thing and would not happen multiple times unless the labels are printed so badly that they won't scan.

As others have said, the answer is to work with you local Post Office (or carrier) to ensure Acceptance scans are done on a timely basis.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

shipping

"

Take it to the counter at the post office and make them scan it.

Where I ship from they are good about scanning pre-paid packages left in their pre-paid package tote.   A  lot of package shipping goes into that tote and I think they would get complaints if it was not scanned."

Same service at my local post office.  The postmaster himself scans all the tote prepaids from one tote into another that is then rolled back to the sorting station.  The nicest people work the counter at my post office.  They have all been there for at least fifteen years.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply