cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling

Are you having few sales or is it my listings? Put shipping costs what they are according to Ebay calculator 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: selling

I'm not sure I understand.  Are you having problems with the Shipping Calculator?

As to slower sales.  Sometimes that happens to all of us from time to time.  For me, I find that the closer I get to Tax Day, the slower the sales.  Then after Tax Day things loosen up again.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

You have asked this question, or something similar, at least once a month for the last year. Postage is a big crap shoot and often requires a bit of research by the seller if you are looking to minimize costs to the buyers.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I'm having few sales, but I doubt it has anything to do with your listings.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Quick glance at your listings........

on the steins and some others.........your gallery (lst) picture is pretty bad.....doesn't show the best side .........a pitcher with rooster......lying on its side, no sign of the rooster........steins with "Clydesdales" show the handles....not the horses.......

Uniformly, the pictures are "not bright", some off focus, dull and uninteresting........many could be cropped for a better presentation........

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

haven't had a sale since March 16th. I either sell what people don't want or the economy isn't allowing people to spend. Hopefully it will improve.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@mike_jayroe   another quick look.......

JOHNNY UNITAS -NEWPAPER COMMERATIVE EDITION

2 spelling errors........Newspaper Commemorative 

I know nothing about selling the newspaper stuff.........but I find some of your stuff confusing.........you say reprints, yet pics look like old, originals.......  titles lack information (seems to me).......which newspaper it is.....the name.......the date.......  someone has this one up for $40........no sales, but only 2 up.......  I would use the team name in the title..... and the date of the article......  don't know why the "additional items" .......

If I were you, I'd find sellers who actually sell this stuff (check solds) and study their listings.......titles, pictures, presentation..........

I would also improve pictures, yours are dim......

just thoughts

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

tHANKS. Will check them soon after I eat lunch and spend time with my two dogs. Have a great weekend.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@mike_jayroe  I agree with @dhbookds -you need more information in your titles and I see a couple of more typos. For the typos-WWII memorabilia  and Tanya Tucker (no s on her name-her name should match the album cover).  To improve title descriptions here are a few suggestions: For the railroad patches,put in a few names in the title like Chessie, Conrail and B&O.  I searched ebay for "railroad patches" and it gave me 6,500 listings.  Same for the miscellaneous (check your spelling for this word) RR items. No one will find these RR items without more detail. The Coke bottles should be listed as Coca-Cola. On the Cal Ripken item give more details in the title about what it actually is. Very difficult to sell old postage stamps without a year and specific countries. The item 4501 should say "Locomotive 4501 by David Morgan" at a minimum. I hope this helps. You have a lot of nice things and with a little more information I'm sure they will sell. Good luck!

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Thanks. Will be working to do that later on. Have a great weekend.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@mike_jayroe 

Remember that your title is the most valuable space you have to state what you are selling.  You leave a lot of unused space on most of your listings.  For example: Del Reeves WHAT?  You just have the name in the title.  You don't state what you are selling at all.  Is it a cassette, CD, Vinyl Record, a shirt with his name on it, etc.  No one knows from your title.

Lots of buyers come to us through a Google search.  Google is not particularly fond on titles in all caps.  Some are fine.  My personal rule of thumb is no more than 3 words in all caps.  Others may do it differently.  

When developing your title you need to think like a buyer.  What would you put in the search to locate an item that you are selling.  That should help guide you as to what needs to be in the title.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Thanks again. I got a lot of the other items done. More to go.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

You have asked this question, or something similar, at least once a month for the last year. Postage is a big crap shoot and often requires a bit of research by the seller if you are looking to minimize costs to the buyers.

Interesting, I see this behavior has gone since 2019.  @siberbunny  what is the purpose of the thread / threads?

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

Interesting, I see this behavior has gone since 2019.  @siberbunny  what is the purpose of the thread / threads?

Its......  Just a ......  habit (dot dot dot).

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

But WHY is it a habit???

Message 15 of 20
latest reply