cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling from sri lanka.

hello. I'm selling from sri lanka my item cost 4 dollars  weights abt 1.4 oz  but when i calculate shipping cost it was aprox. 13 dollars[cheapest shipping service I could find]-USPS first class mail international..

I m a new seller if i list my item so I'm definite,  it would never sell..

please help me out ..what should i do? .is there a different shipping service that i could use ?

should i use free shipping and list shipping cost to my items price?. [ think its bit unfair]

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

selling from sri lanka.

Hi. I'm sorry to have to tell you that one of your currently listed items cannot be sold here. Replicas aren't allowed, nor can a seller use a brand name to sell an item unless it is actually the genuine product. (That's called keyword spamming. ) Below are links to the policies in question for your perusal. 

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/search-manipulation.html

I'm also afraid you will have trouble selling the unbranded eyeglasses as it stands now. Your listing needs work, but it is a good starting point. The description gives too few details about what you are selling. I know you may have seen other sellers say "See pictures for details" etc. but that does little to inform the customer and is not a good selling strategy. The title and Item Specifics should also be descriptive. Check out some of your competition to see how they do theirs, and read completed listings too. This can give you ideas of how to set up a listing to better maximize your potential.

As for the shipping question, I see you have put in "Free shipping". I think that is risky. You could end up spending the entire asking price of $15.99 just in shipping alone, as i'm sure you're aware that international rates can get expensive. You have not excluded any countries you ship to so there is no way to adequately predict how much it's going to cost you in postage to mail the package to anywhere in the world. "Free" shipping needs to be rolled into your price as well as ebay and PayPal fees as you know. You'd be better off with calculated shipping. Also, you need to take your shipping time into consideration when selling internationally. Buyers usually don't want to wait weeks for their items to arrive. That's working against you.

So you have some hurdles to jump here. Sorry i couldn't be of more help. Good luck to you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

selling from sri lanka.

Hi. I'm sorry to have to tell you that one of your currently listed items cannot be sold here. Replicas aren't allowed, nor can a seller use a brand name to sell an item unless it is actually the genuine product. (That's called keyword spamming. ) Below are links to the policies in question for your perusal. 

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/search-manipulation.html

I'm also afraid you will have trouble selling the unbranded eyeglasses as it stands now. Your listing needs work, but it is a good starting point. The description gives too few details about what you are selling. I know you may have seen other sellers say "See pictures for details" etc. but that does little to inform the customer and is not a good selling strategy. The title and Item Specifics should also be descriptive. Check out some of your competition to see how they do theirs, and read completed listings too. This can give you ideas of how to set up a listing to better maximize your potential.

As for the shipping question, I see you have put in "Free shipping". I think that is risky. You could end up spending the entire asking price of $15.99 just in shipping alone, as i'm sure you're aware that international rates can get expensive. You have not excluded any countries you ship to so there is no way to adequately predict how much it's going to cost you in postage to mail the package to anywhere in the world. "Free" shipping needs to be rolled into your price as well as ebay and PayPal fees as you know. You'd be better off with calculated shipping. Also, you need to take your shipping time into consideration when selling internationally. Buyers usually don't want to wait weeks for their items to arrive. That's working against you.

So you have some hurdles to jump here. Sorry i couldn't be of more help. Good luck to you.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

selling from sri lanka.

@sandumariu0 wrote:

hello. I'm selling from sri lanka my item cost 4 dollars  weights abt 1.4 oz  but when i calculate shipping cost it was aprox. 13 dollars[cheapest shipping service I could find]-USPS first class mail international..

I m a new seller if i list my item so I'm definite,  it would never sell..

please help me out ..what should i do? .is there a different shipping service that i could use ?

should i use free shipping and list shipping cost to my items price?. [ think its bit unfair]

You can't ship USPS mail from Sri Lanka. You need to get a quote as to how much it ships for from your own country to th USA. Preferably with tracking.

selling from sri lanka.

THANK YOU SO MUCH I M REALLY NEW TO THIS 

IT WAS SO INFORMATIVE.... I CALCULATED SHIPPING COST [FLAT RATE] AND ADDED IT 

TO MY ITEM PRICE I EDITED MY ADD .

THANK U ONCE AGAIN

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

selling from sri lanka.

Hi, I'm from Sri Lanka. I want to sell all the parts(except motherboard) of my HP Pavillion notebook on ebay. Can you please tell me how to do it.

Thanks !

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

selling from sri lanka.

You need to check other listings to see how to do that.  Best suggestion I can give you is to list it in the parts category and be very clear in your description and pictures about what the buyer is getting.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

selling from sri lanka.

Hi All,

Could you all please let me know the payment options that use to receive money ? I'm in a bit of trouble to find a method to receive payments to Sri Lanka.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

selling from sri lanka.

Hi,

what is the your item.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

selling from sri lanka.

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply