cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Contact Buyer" not working?

Hello everyone, today is Saturday November 5th 2022, I am experiencing a problem for last 2 days contacting buyers, after my shipping of their items. I always follow up with photos of packaging and estimated time of arrival, but I just keep getting a spinning circle. Ebay is not reporting any problems? any thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Your buyers can check the tracking on the items you have mailed via their Purchase History and they saw the estimated delivery date when they make their purchase.

That's not the answer to your question; just explaining why this is not really an issue to either the buyer or yoursel.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

There is no reason whatsoever to contact a buyer and tell them you shipped their item. They have tracking and can see it themselves.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The eBay gods are smiling on you... there's no need to bug the buyers after shipment. They can check, if they're curious.
Free knowledge! It's a good day...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I disagree.  After I print up a shipping label, I always contact the buyer letting them know when their item is being shipped. I often have new buyers with no feedback and I take the time to tell them how to locate that tracking number. I've received many a thank you for doing so and I feel it's part of that "good customer experience."  (I also know that since I'm a smaller seller, I have the time to do this. But, I always have and will probably always continue.)

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Try not attaching photos and see if your message goes.  It's good of you to let buyers know that their package has shipped but why on earth are you sending them photos of the packing?  That's as much to say "I know you're going to try to file for a SNAD" so I'm preempting this.   I'd find it off putting, but I guess to each his own. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Having the same problem trying to contact a buyer.  Just the site navigation at the top loads, and then the blue spinning circle.  eBay rep on Twitter said this is not happening to any other users, but that's clearly not true!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply