cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does this work? listing count

My number of items listed is making regular changes for no apparent reason, yester I clicked on the store door and it said search all 1114 listings, I noted the pacific time and wrote 1114 down, now 24 hours later I have sold 5 items that now have 0 available and added 12 new listings for a net gain of 7 listings, click on the blue door and it says "search all 1114 listings" same as yesterday, then when I look at my total number of active listings in seller hub it says 1406 and I counted 261 that had 0 qty 1406-261= 1145. 

Does anyone know what is happening, a while back I lost like 50 listings overnight??

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@bashort

As far as listings go, eBay just can't count. There's no point in trying to get technical about this. eBay just can't count.

Looking at your listings, with 240 per page, you have 5 pages of listings. 4 pages * 240, plus 185 listings on page 5; that gives:

4 * 240 + 185 = 1,145

@bashort wrote:

... when I look at my total number of active listings in seller hub it says 1406 and I counted 261 that had 0 qty 1406-261= 1145. 

There ya go. You actually have 1, 145 listings.

eBay just can't count.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

My store says 'check all 216 listings', my seller hub has 223 listings - I sell all one-offs, no dupes. There's always a discrepancy and I've stopped trying to figure it out. 😖

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@bashort

As far as listings go, eBay just can't count. There's no point in trying to get technical about this. eBay just can't count.

Looking at your listings, with 240 per page, you have 5 pages of listings. 4 pages * 240, plus 185 listings on page 5; that gives:

4 * 240 + 185 = 1,145

@bashort wrote:

... when I look at my total number of active listings in seller hub it says 1406 and I counted 261 that had 0 qty 1406-261= 1145. 

There ya go. You actually have 1, 145 listings.

eBay just can't count.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

My store says 'check all 216 listings', my seller hub has 223 listings - I sell all one-offs, no dupes. There's always a discrepancy and I've stopped trying to figure it out. 😖

@chapeau-noir,

eBay can't count. Proof positive:

216 =≠ 223

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ssn=chapeau-noir&_ipg=240

Actual number of listings = 223 (223 matches for "item:")

[see the black band at the bottom of the screenshot]

lacemaker3_0-1707696304058.png

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@lacemaker3  Exactly - as long as they're all there (i.e., 223 at this writing), that's all I care about. 216??? Beats me.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, I never thought of actually checking what actually showed.

Not only can ebay not count they come up with different wrong answers on different days.

I was afraid that I was having listings that were just disappearing from the site, I find items all the time that have somehow became no longer listed on ebay

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It is not exactly confidence inspiring when a large tech company that is responsible for getting many calculations correct that can and do have a large impact on peoples finances demonstrate that basically they can not count past 10 without taking their socks off

Message 7 of 7
latest reply