cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

global shipping center refund.

I was debited for the purchase price of 146.69 when the item was NOT delivered to Mexico however it WAS delivered to the global shipping center on time.See Below.
Case #5259733057 has been closed with a refund to the buyer
Sent:Jan-29-21 11:56
This item was sent and delivered to the Global shipping center.Tracking 9405508205497750800604
Your item was delivered at 6:41 am on January 13, 2021 in ERLANGER, KY 41025.
USPS Tracking Plus™ Available 
Status
Delivered
January 13, 2021 at 6:41 am
Delivered
ERLANGER, KY 41025 
I was debited
It was not delivered to the customer in Mexico.Here is the international tracking number:Global tracking #UPAAC000000133749527 
Jan 15, 2021
10:46am
Customs Cleared
Mexico City, XX 410252501
Jan 15, 2021
10:29am
In Transit with Destination Carrier
Mexico City, XX 410252501
Jan 15, 2021
6:25am
Cincinnati, OH 410252501
Jan 15, 2021
3:05am
Cincinnati, OH 410252501
Jan 15, 2021
12:44am
Cincinnati, OH 410252501
Jan 15, 2021
12:18am
Cincinnati, OH 410252501
Jan 15, 2021
12:11am
Cincinnati, OH
Jan 15, 2021
12:02am
Cincinnati, OH
Jan 14, 2021
1:07pm
Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination
Erlanger, Kentucky 41025-2501
I was Debited for the purchase price.I thought that when it was Shipped from the global shipping center it was Ebays responsibility to deliver it.Carmine CAZ-10
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@caz-10 

The problem you are having is not unusual.  Even after all these years neither eBay (nor PayPal) can detect a Global Shipping order when a problem arises.  It is dumped in the seller's lap as if they never heard of the GSP.  You are going to have to contact customer service and try to convince someone that this is a Global Shipping Order that has been DELIVERED to Erlanger, KY as is required by you. 

P.S.  Cincinnati, Ohio is right across the river from Erlanger, and a quick look at your tracking makes it appear they drove it back and forth over the bridge a few times just for the heck of it?? .  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I used to sell internationally six years ago.  Never again although I had a good experience selling large rock samples to university geology labs all over Europe.

IMHO selling outside the U.S. these days is too risky.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I tracked it here:

https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/UPAAC000000133749527

Looks like it's being processed by Mexican Customs on Friday (29th).

The last notation is:

slippinjimmy_0-1611987535167.png

Was it a high value item? There might be some taxes due.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I was under the impression the GSP took care of all that for the buyer in advance. The point is, the OP should not be debited for an item not received case if there is a confirmation of DELIVERY to the GSP center. 

@slippinjimmy 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I stopped global shipping about 3 years ago. I wasn't getting any sales because I believe eBay Global Shipping is very expensive to the buyer. Glad I did because that is all I see now on here is Global buyer fraud!

Mexico has never been a good place to ship to no matter what service you use. So much theft within the people employed. 

I would think once you hand over the package to Global Shipping, it should be their responsibility to deliver and not hit the seller for fees.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

I was under the impression the GSP took care of all that for the buyer in advance. The point is, the OP should not be debited for an item not received case if there is a confirmation of DELIVERY to the GSP center. 

@slippinjimmy 

This is NOT a Global Shipping Program (GSP) shipment!

This is an eBay International Standard shipment. Some similarities but actually quite different.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-standar...

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@slippinjimmy 

I think that is a global shipping tracking number. The op's listing shows that they use the gsp and the tracking shows that it went through the global shipping center.  I would think that the international standard depot would have different wording?  Also, I thought that international standard tracking started with ESUS.

There was a post a while ago on the Canadian board from a gsp buyer who also saw that note about DHL and a clearance event on their tracking.   I can't find that post though and don't remember if the buyer every posted if their parcel was delivered.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Funds were reversed after I opened a case.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

That's good news I presume but why is the burden to chase down dozens of fraud cases placed on sellers trying to expand their markets?

The really large corporate sellers most likely don't have to do this.  They probably have a different level of seller protection than the small sellers doing under $50K.  

And for those reasons.....I'm out of international sales.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

In Mexico, Any parcel over 50 usd (item + shipping) must pay fees and taxes... 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@jayjaspersgarage wrote:

IMHO selling outside the U.S. these days is too risky.

Sending anywhere is risky with the scammer friendly policies of ebay and paypal.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply