cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay store net sales report

Hi,

I would like to run a monthly sales report for my eBay store. I tried using Sales Report Plus but this report does not show me my net sales (shipping fees are not taken out). I have not been able to find a report that will show me my sales minus fees, returns and shipping costs. I also called eBay and they were no help.

Does any know of a report available for eBay sellers with stores that can run a report to determine their net sales?

Thanks,

Cheri

TheoCorp USA

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

For shipping, you can obtain the monthly figure from PayPal. 

On PayPal website, under Reports > Transaction Finder (found under Transaction). Type USPS on keyword search. Enter the date range.  I do by month since the system does not allow more than 90 days date range. Download PDF, or the format that you desire. The monthly total is on the last page of downloaded report.

As for returns, you can find it under Orders on the Seller Hub. I have a store. I am not sure if the Seller Hub is different for a non-store.

Hope this helps. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@theocorpusawrote:

Hi,

I would like to run a monthly sales report for my eBay store. I tried using Sales Report Plus but this report does not show me my net sales (shipping fees are not taken out). I have not been able to find a report that will show me my sales minus fees, returns and shipping costs. I also called eBay and they were no help.

Does any know of a report available for eBay sellers with stores that can run a report to determine their net sales?

Thanks,

Cheri

TheoCorp USA

Did you choose the "expanded view"?  I had never tried that until today.  It shows the actual shipping cost for previous months.  For the most recent month, it shows the USPS charges but not all the charges for FedEx.  I assume they populate once FedEx submits it's final charge in a couple weeks.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Hi,

Thanks,

Cheri

TheoCorp USA

Did you choose the "expanded view"?  I had never tried that until today.  It shows the actual shipping cost for previous months.  For the most recent month, it shows the USPS charges but not all the charges for FedEx.  I assume they populate once FedEx submits it's final charge in a couple weeks.

@dtexley3

are you saying expanded view  for sales report?  I can't find how to expand......lol.....  I know shipping is on the label page....... but can't find it anywhere else..........

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@dhbookdswrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

Cheri

TheoCorp USA

@dtexley3

are you saying expanded view  for sales report?  I can't find how to expand......lol.....  I know shipping is on the label page....... but can't find it anywhere else..........

Go to the Overview page of Seller Hub.  Find the Selling Tools box and click on "Reporting".  Select a month from the "Period" dropdown hit Search and then Expanded View.  You should see the Expanded View in the upper right quadrant of the page, next to Print and Download.

The only thing I don't like about this report (and the invoices) is the inclusion of every doggone free insertion line.  Don't need them, don't want them, have to filter the stupid things out every time.

Hope that helps.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@dtexley3

Did the Paid and shipped report.......but it only shows shipping paid by the buyer........not the actual amt we pay.......

You can get that from the label page but refers only to item #........and it's not down loadable that I can see..........

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@dhbookdswrote:

@dtexley3

Did the Paid and shipped report.......but it only shows shipping paid by the buyer........not the actual amt we pay.......

You can get that from the label page but refers only to item #........and it's not down loadable that I can see..........

It's not the paid and shipped report.  On the Overview page find the pane that says "Seller Tools" and select "Report"

On the page that comes up you then select a month, hit "search" and then "expanded view" in the upper right.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@dtexley3

yep, when I click on reporting............I get a list of possible reports........on the left side.........which one are you talking about? 

image.png

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@dhbookdswrote:

@dtexley3

yep, when I click on reporting............I get a list of possible reports........on the left side.........which one are you talking about? 

Interesting, when I click Reporting I get this:

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@dtexley3

yeah, that's the default landing page I think..........the individual reports are on the left side on yours as well as mine.

But I clicked on something.......that took me to the page I think you are talking about.......which is the old sales manager pro page.......and that would be great except 1/2 the items aren't filled in with info......I talked to someone about it once and they are just letting this die because SH has all the info.......sigh, which it doesn't at least in summary manner that I can find........

http://k2b-bulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

I tried that link and it won't work........but that's the page I'm Looking at.......

It shows like this:

Date  Ascending Sales Record No Custom Label Quantity Sale Price Shipping Charged Gross Sales Cost of Item Shipping Cost eBay Fees PayPal Fees Cost Gain Sales Tax   Mar-01-18 921  1 $17.65 $12.50 $30.15 -- $9.42 $2.75 $1.17 $13.34 $16.81 --  (122989878432)  Vtg Corning Pyrex Fireside Naturals 2 Qt Utility Dish w Rattan Basket UNOPENED  --        

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I understand now.  The items on the left are NOT reports, it's the menu bar from the ORDERS page from Seller Hub!!!!!  How stupid!!!!  I just submitted appropriate feedback about the the wrong sidebar menu being displayed.

When you say "half the items arent' filled in" I think those are the lines for the free listings.  Try selecting the month of Jan, 2018 and then expand the report.  It will show "Listing Fees" in the "Sales Record No" column and $0 for Cost and Gain.  Download the report and load it into Excel, filter the Sales Record column and hide all the blank values.    Muti-Item orders will have a "header line" with all the amounts, but all the single item orders will have the values on the same line.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

My "Selling Tool" box does not have Reporting only Sales Reports Plus. Strange. The only reports I can access are through Sales Reports Plus and there is no expansion option.

Thanks for taking the time to reply but in my case I need to find another option.

-Cheri
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@dtexley3

I am shouting THANK YOU..........you're absolutely right about everything........dumb me was seeing the blank spaces and never realized that it was just the no charge listings.  Thought it was missing sale data. I had a big long email conversation with a SH guy about it and he just said they "aren't keeping up SMP" stuff.......so he didn't catch it either.  You just have no idea after all these years how much I appreciate this.....  It doesn't have everything which is what I guess the ebay guy was talking about, but at least it has the basics.

And you're right about the side bar.......sigh.......

Thanks again.......

@theocorpusa

I think the reason you don't have it is that it's from an old program (Sales Manager Pro) that is charged for.....$15.95 a month I think, with a basic store.  It's free for premium stores.  The lesser program, Sales Manager,  is free for a basic store but doesn't have this report.......  at least that I could ever find. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@dhbookdswrote:

@dtexley3

I am shouting THANK YOU..........you're absolutely right about everything........dumb me was seeing the blank spaces and never realized that it was just the no charge listings.  Thought it was missing sale data. I had a big long email conversation with a SH guy about it and he just said they "aren't keeping up SMP" stuff.......so he didn't catch it either.  You just have no idea after all these years how much I appreciate this.....  It doesn't have everything which is what I guess the ebay guy was talking about, but at least it has the basics.

And you're right about the side bar.......sigh.......

Thanks again.......

No problem.  I had issues reading that report on the web, had to download it and open in excel and it finally made sense.  I don't know why they have the uncontrolable impulse to include hundreds of lines of useless information with the actual impactful monetary information.

Glad this helped.  Please be sure to complain about the incorrect sidebar, the more complaints the more lilkely it will make it on the radar.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply