cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay standard envelope - label could not be generated - you were not charged for the label

i've been using ebay standard envelopes for the last week to ship trading cards.  for the most part, it has worked well.  however, i've been having trouble with generating labels.  for instance, let's say i have 15 orders to ship with standard envelopes.  if i were to create the labels in ebay's bulk shipping, only like 5 labels would be created, and the other 10 orders would get the error "label could not be generated, you were not charged."  I would then have to go back and to purchase labels for the remaining 10 orders, of which only 4 would work and the remaining 6 would get the label generation error again.  I would need to rinse and repeat printing the remaining labels until all i'm able to purchase labels for all the orders.  for 15 orders, instead of getting all the labels done in 1 try, it would take me like 5 or 6 cycles of label printing.  does anyone else have this issue?  any way to fix this?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

ebay standard envelope - label could not be generated - you were not charged for the label

No solution but I can at least confirm you aren't alone.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Can u print these labels with a regular printer or do u have to have a label printer? If so how do u print the labels out is like the first class package labels? Thanks for any help.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same problem, I've tried multiple times but the same error. Same situation, ebay bulk shipping cant print shipping label for the envelope. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I've had this problem on and off since they implemented these new labels. One thing that seemed to cause the most glitches for me was mixing listings that still had the old First Class shipping option by default, along with ones that had the Trading Card option turned on. You can change First Class to the trading card envelopes in the bulk shipping label tool, but it seems like doing this generated a few glitches each time. 

I've since changed most of our card listings to the trading card option by default, and I rarely get the glitches now.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply