cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay will move to a new "product based" shopping experience on a large scale this year to

to replace the current listings based experience - and it will become the only way to shop on eBay, according to the company's CEO Devin Wenig. From ecommercebytes.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/2/1519091217.html

"But Wenig described the biggest change coming to the site as a move from a listings based marketplace to a product based marketplace."

All you small sellers that don't sell new items. You can kiss your eBay business goodbye. New item small sellers, if you can't price compete with the big boys, your stuff will never be seen, until they all run out of inventory. Best price on everything on the site will be seen exclusively, the way the site will be laid out.

Message 1 of 565
latest reply
564 REPLIES 564

eBay will move to a new "product based" shopping experience on a large scale this year to

Anonymous
Not applicable

So Ebay is no longer going to let us sell Used and Vintage items? Well thats stupid Thats why I shop here and see For Vintage and preowned items. Why would I shop for New Items here?

Message 2 of 565
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:

So Ebay is no longer going to let us sell Used and Vintage items? Well thats stupid Thats why I shop here and see For Vintage and preowned items. Why would I shop for New Items here?

Wenig wants to get rid of the eBay is a fleamarket image. Check out my next post in a minute or so.

Message 3 of 565
latest reply

https://esellercafe.com/ebay-ceo-devin-wenig-talks-payments-catalog-structured-data-future/

Great article covering Devin Wenig "At the annual Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference in San Francisco, eBay’s CEO Devin Wenig outlined the future for eBay to investors."

It's very lengthy, but the Structured Data section is a must read for both Sellers and Buyers. eBay is about to turn on it's head. When Wenig gets done, nobody will recognize eBay. 

Message 4 of 565
latest reply

Well I guess he's going to figure it out the hard way. 

When as a buyer I know there are thousands of phones available and eBay only shows me four? lol i would never buy here again. I actually find if offensive having MY choices manipulated now.

as is I won't sell (or buy) in a saturated category as eBay wants to push its Chinese sellers above all else.

The writings on the wall folks. If your ducks aren't  in a row yet, better get them there. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 5 of 565
latest reply

nobody will recognize eBay. 

well one thing for sure-Ebay won't recognize me either as i will be elsewheres spending my money --99% of my buys are in the used item selection with honest small sellers--if i want new Chinese junk-there  are  several dollar stores close by or a few malls which offer in hand stock with no shipping  or return concerns.

Looks like the fun days searching for good used items at fair prices are over on this site--really not a huge problem as i already buy used items on other sites as is.

Ebay IMHO has become like a piece of cheese left in the fridge for a while unwrapped for small sellers--hard to cut-chew-or digest without removing the disiked ugly mold

Good luck to all the small sellers  as this new hoop may well be to high to jump thru or over..

Message 6 of 565
latest reply

I can see a whole bunch of stores switching to month by month after this announcement.

Why can't they understand buyers want to DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES, not have it "curated" for them by only showing them 4 freaking choices.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 7 of 565
latest reply

I'll wait to see what happens - but the thought of not having to listen ( not directed at you looking!) to constant criticisms and complaints from some posters because they've finally moved on is wonderful.

Message 8 of 565
latest reply

So what you think is going to happen is that there will only be four choice for a phone? Nonsense--there will be additional filters for the rest. People will still shop the way they see fit by evaluating all the choices if they choose to.  They are unclogging the clutter of the 3 million listing you have to search through initially to get where you want to be. 

Message 9 of 565
latest reply

I think Ebay should be viewed as better than a flea market. The whole thing might add some new class to this site and people better able to find things as well.

Message 10 of 565
latest reply

@lookng2015wrote:
I can see a whole bunch of stores switching to month by month after this announcement.

Why can't they understand buyers want to DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES, not have it "curated" for them by only showing them 4 freaking choices.

Or closing them completely.

Sink or swim time for ebay. Which will it be? 

Message 11 of 565
latest reply

That will be the day ebay gets my last penny and I've never said that before.

Message 12 of 565
latest reply

we gotta go

Message 13 of 565
latest reply

SINK! with Adyen and now this? All the buyer will leave.

Message 14 of 565
latest reply

i saw the ecommercebytes article too. and Ebay is totally changing it seems. i dont like the product based experience from a seller or buyer perspective at all. i dont want to buy new or commodity items here. i find them better on many other sites. i dont like it when the ceo says thats the only way its going to be.

but...i am not in charge of Ebay. my question is simple: what changes do i need to make to sell my used or OOAK items here. none of the things i have fit into a product based experience. i have coins, postcards, sports cards and a whole bunch of used stuff from around the house and garage sale acquistions. all i have is unique. no 2 items are the same. there is no product in the Ebay catalog that i can choose from because it is not the same as the thing i have. i have a whole bunch of Lenox but its 40 years old and is used.

i like selling on Ebay and i would like to know how i can still sell here with the stuff i have!

Message 15 of 565
latest reply