cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay store lists description twice underneath each item for sale

My eBay store lists the item description twice under each item for sale. I do not know why this is happening and how long it has been going on.  Can someone help?  Thanks in advance.

Sherlock's Cool Treasures | eBay Stores

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Can you post a screenshot and an item number? I don't see duplicated descriptions.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Screenshot-doubleDescriptions.jpg

Does this help?

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

OK, so it's not the description. It's the listing titles in search view.

Checked 3 different browsers on a Mac and I'm not seeing the same thing. Which browser/OS are you using?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

I've never seen that, it is Thursday "maintenance" night, the site gets extra glitchy at that time.

I checked a couple of other Sellers's store that is showing the same thing at the moment, should be temporary.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Windows 11 and Microsoft Edge

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Also, eBay does site maintenance every Thurs night so sometimes things act weird or don't work, but are back to normal by morning. It's not supposed to start for another hour and a half, but 🤷 could be what's causing it.

GLORIOUS!

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I appreciate that. Ok, I will wait and see if it self-corrects. I will post if I find it gets corrected by morning.

Thank you!

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

OK, so it's not the description. It's the listing titles in search view.

Checked 3 different browsers on a Mac and I'm not seeing the same thing. Which browser/OS are you using?

It's only on the main Store page and in Gallery view. I see it in both FireFox and Chrome.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Yeah, that's what I was looking at - the store home page in gallery view. Not seeing the issue on a Mac.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about it unless the problem persists tomorrow. It's probably because they're updating the site so things act weird.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Yeah. Mine's doing the same thing. Weird.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

I see the double image also..........on W10/firefox....also see it on my store and others.......

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

The duplicate listing titles persist today. I wonder how long it will remain like this. 

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@theshopp_64 wrote:

The duplicate listing titles persist today.

Hey devon@ebay elizabeth@ebay kyle@ebay 

Is this issue already reported? It's affecting PC users with various browsers, screenshot in post 3 above. Store landing page in gallery view. I cannot reproduce it on a Mac.

Just to confirm @theshopp_64 , you have deleted your eBay cookies/cache to clear out any old, lingering data?

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@theshopp_64 wrote:

The duplicate listing titles persist today.

Hey devon@ebay elizabeth@ebay kyle@ebay 

Is this issue already reported? It's affecting PC users with various browsers, screenshot in post 3 above. Store landing page in gallery view. I cannot reproduce it on a Mac.

Just to confirm @theshopp_64 , you have deleted your eBay cookies/cache to clear out any old, lingering data?

Hey @wastingtime101! I saw some sellers report this earlier and I went ahead and had this reported on my end. I have not seen a sitewide ticket become open on this yet but I will let you and others know once one becomes available to share. Also I will be sure to add OP's account to the report I have going on my end as an example. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 15 of 21
latest reply