cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's new shipping label is AWFUL! I cannot print the label!!

I can't stand the new shipping label format.  The other one was PERFECT for me.

My buyer just paid for an item.  I went to print the label and got this error message from eBay:

Error creating label

Missing or invalid Ship to postal code

So Googled her complete address and learned the Ship to postal code is CORRECT!!!

McKinney, TX 75070-5230

eBay has promised my buyer she can expect to receive her item on Tuesday 7/10.

How do I print the label if eBay will not let me?????

She has entered all the correct info (the rest of her address that I will not post here) is correct.  

Just more unnecessary stress!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Go to usps.com and use the find zip code form to get the standardized format for the address.It may have symbols,abbreviations or spaces that are not allowed

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@misfitfun wrote:

Go to usps.com and use the find zip code form to get the standardized format for the address.It may have symbols,abbreviations or spaces that are not allowed

@misfitfun, thanks.  I went there ( did a search for find a usps zip code) and entered the COMPLETE address in the form and this is the message that came up:  

If more than one address matches the information provided, try narrowing your search by entering a street address and, if applicable, a unit number.

This is really awful. In all the years I am printing labels I have NEVER had this happen.  

My buyer lives in a house, not an apartment and there's no unit number.  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

On the right side of the page, at the top, is a link that lets you go back to the old shipping label page, I've been clicking that every time :

"Go back to classic label printing"

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@glenvonnie wrote:

On the right side of the page, at the top, is a link that lets you go back to the old shipping label page, I've been clicking that every time :

@glenvonnie, I saw that but when I clicked it, it did not take me to the classic site.  However, I will most definitely look for that when I print my next label.  Thanks very much for the reminder!!

I did a little more research and discovered the P.O. decided to change the 75070-5230 postal code in that little dinky town in Texas called McKinney (I lived there many years ago) to 75072-5230.  When I edited the label and entered that, it printed.  

I still find this very stressful.   

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The issues I had were I couldn't change the shipping method from Parcel to Priority or First Class, and I couldn't change the weight of an item

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@glenvonnie wrote:

I'd been seeing folks post about label issues and was thankful my non-Hub account was working as always. Then I actually sold something on my other account (where listings go to die) and was faced with the new format. Luckily I knew to look for the link at the top right of the page and everything was back to the way it should be. Wish they'd stop fixing things that don't need to be fixed, and work on the things that do!

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Rainbow, you are not alone, there have been other threads about this issue.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I encountered an issue with the same exact city from a buyer just this morning - thought it was quite a coincidence stumbling across this post. I'm going to change the zip code to 75072-5230 and cross my fingers.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I had an issue printing a priority label today.  It said weight was invalid.  I shipped via paypal with no problem.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thanks, it worked for me:  "Go back to classic label printing"

Message 11 of 11
latest reply