cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's authenticity program (for sneakers) overrun causing big delays

Hey all,

Essentially eBay's authentication hub for sneakers is extremely overrun, and as a result, there are significant delays for buyers receiving the items. Per the email I received, there's an "unprecedented amount of volume" and I have shoes I've sold at the authentication hub for just about 2 weeks now. 

To add insult to injury, a buyer decided to leave negative feedback for one of these sales that was shipped same day to the center (and arrived to the hub the next) because they're unable to communicate with me through the message system due to eBay disabling it when there's an authenticity program transaction in place.

eBay rep said the situation was out of my control and would be removed, and advised the department to remove it, but the email I received later from customer service denied my request for feedback removal 👍. Another buyer is now demanding their shoes, and for the process to be sped up.

I don't have friends that sell on eBay, so I'm reaching out to the community for input and advice. Am I crazy in this situation? From what I understand, I've fulfilled all my obligations as a seller and it's on eBay for dropping the ball.
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

I'm a bit at a loss as what I'm supposed to do this in situation. I know having negative feedback is not the end of the world, but I anticipate more of my buyers to do the same as the delays are pretty ridiculous, and I understand where they're coming from.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Hi, Did you sell the sneakers with the ID you are using here? Because I'm not seeing any negs or neutrals? 

Also, did you upload the tracking when you sent the sneakers to the authenticator?

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Ultimately, after several attempts of contacting eBay it was fairly removed. However, the situation with delays at the hub continues and I've had 3 INR cases opened, with more pending. The biggest negative of this is not being able to directly communicate with the buyers because of eBay disabling messages, and I'm not sure they're conveying to the buyers appropriately the situation about their orders being delayed weeks.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Yeah eBay reps don't seem to fully understand the program. I don't have negatives yet, but I'm sure they will be coming because I have some shoes that sold 3-4 weeks ago that haven't left the authenticator yet, even though they were authenticated 2 weeks ago!

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

So I sold some shoes and bought some shoes in the last couple weeks. The shoes I purchased are still at the authenticator but as a buyer and seller I received 2 emails from eBay about delays separately as a seller and buyer.  So the people leaving you negative feedback are just not checking their emails and don’t realize it’s an actual eBay issue and nothing to do with the seller.  I hope they speed up this process, otherwise StockX is just going to take back over 

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

There's an answer from an Ebay blue on the disappearance/delays in the program........

you might ask her if there is any other help that can be given

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-s-Authenticity-Guarantee-program-suddenly-disappeared-whe...

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Agreed, I’m not sure eBay is explaining to the buyer what is actually going on with the item and the buyer interprets the delay as the seller’s  fault. The idea of blocking communication between buyer and seller in these cases seems intentionally deceptive. 

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

The new authentication process is a joke. Takes 3-4 weeks to get shoes to buyer. Am currently dealing with same situation, item reached NY next day and havent received authentication update in 2.5 weeks. Also, had messages disabled due to authentication process which makes no sense. 

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Process is a joke. Dealing with same issues. Not glad but more comfort that others are acknowledging the same issues and frustrations with this new process. 

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

I am having the same issues. I sold a pair and its been 2 weeks now. I bought a pair and they havent been authenticated yet. This is ridiculous on eBay's part. They can't compete with StockX. 

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Sounds to me like ebay jumped off the deep-end both feet first with no life preserver, all while not knowing how to swim.

Seems like they should not allow feedback either during this time if they're going to cut off communication between buyer & seller. What an absolute failure.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

I'm a buyer having the same problem , and did same thing, yes I left a negative review, cause this is pissing me off, shouldn't take that long to recieve some **bleep** shoes, i been wating for 3 weeks.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Having the same issue as a buyer.. both my shoes have been at the authenticator for weeks now. One has a tracking the other one doesn’t. I ordered these shoes for someone’s bday and that’s been here and gone. Im completely disgusted.. Ebay has failed  to make the appropriate business decisions in order to compete with competitors. I can’t see myself buying any shoes off eBay again.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Definitely some issues with the program. A shoe hasn't arrived at their hub yet or they haven't checked it in and they refunded the buyer...even though they have a tracking number. No investigation...nothing. Items are taking too long to process.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply