cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay return policy question

Hi all,

i have a quick question.   I've never been asked by a buyer to return an item.

i listed No Returns in the ad, but I want to do the right thing according to eBay seller rules.

I am willing to take the return, but the photos from the seller's  item look quite a bit different from my photos of the item we sent out.

1. if we do take the return, what is the process?

I assume I don't issue the monetary refund until the item is shipped back, correct?

2. If I do receive an item that is not the original item that was sent out, is there any recourse via eBay ?

Unfortunately,  positive reviews have been issued both from the buyer to seller (me), and from the seller to buyer.  This is very very strange.  Why would the buyer issue a positive review from buyer to seller if the item was a mess?  I can only think to short circuit the review process on the transaction.   Very odd.

Thanks

what  headache:(

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Issue a return label, after receipt of the return, refund buyer within I belive 6 days. Hope that there is no issue with the item returned.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

If the buyer does not state that the item is not as described, it is a buyer remorse return and your buyer pays for the return shipping.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Always Better to receive positive feedback than a neg

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@honest_abe66 wrote:

If I do receive an item that is not the original item that was sent out, is there any recourse via eBay ?

You can attempt to convince ebay customer service to not believe the buyer.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Yes, the buyer seems very familiar with this process, as they have agreed up front to pay for return shipping.

As a first step do I chose the first radio button, i.e. Accept the return.?

I assume they then have to ship back, and once I get their used item I will be able to then refund via eBay?
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

Your chance of success not very likely. 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@ed8108 wrote:

Your chance of success not very likely. 

Yes I had a feeling that would be the case.   So once I accept the return, I assume since the agreed to pay shipping they will print the shipping label?

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

If your official return policy is set for No Returns, you are not required to accept a return for buyer's remorse.  However, eBay's MBG requires you to accept a return for a "not as described" reason and to pay for the return shipping.

Of course, even though you are not required to accept a return, you are certainly free to do so if you wish.  I would probably have the buyer pay the return shipping if it is a return for byer's remorse.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I am sure this won't have any bearing on any outcome but what do you mean the photos look different from the ones you sent or had posted for the listing? 

I am wondering if the buyer bought duplicates and has yours mixed up with another seller's.

Make sure this is your item and not someone elses.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Do not refund until the item comes back. If buyer agrees to pay ship back they can sent it back by buying their own label from the P.O. or using the Ebay system to print a label if this is set up on your listing as such. There is never any quarentee that if the buyer sends back a different item that you will be able to prove this. Starting in June 2018, if you offer free ship and fee returns on your items, if you get back something that is damaged, opened when new, not the same item, you can choose to refund only a portion of the sale price, but you must have free ship and free returns on your listings.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

If someone returns a broken item, we still have to do a partial refund under this new system? 

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Technaically? Yes.

In reality? Probably not. EBay will give them a full refund if they decide to and they usually side with buyers.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

OP - I would caution you not sell such high $$ items until your feedback is equal to the cost of those items. Your low feedback makes you a scam magnet especially when selling high priced designer items.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

You have no returns listed, the pictures look different, they haven't indicated something is wrong with the item.  I think the response should be "I'm sorry, I do not accept returns".  

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 15 of 21
latest reply