cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay on Facebook

I've posted a few times on the eBay Facebook page

I'm surprised at how fast they respond. . .

For those seeking advise or help Facebook might get you better results then posting here.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

eBay on Facebook

Z your going to get alot of push back because most community board posters believe they/ebay  should be here on their own platform and answer as much if not more here. 

Many don't/won't use facebook. It's just not for everyone.

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

eBay on Facebook

I beg to differ, FB boards are hopping. There is no censorship, and many eBay members work both boards.  eBay help boards are called "hostile" on FB. Mostly newbies without a clue, Some who know nothing about eBays Community boards, ( They Can't Find it) Others who know but would rather post on FB. It's just easyer and faster to get answers. Good Luck to you.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

eBay on Facebook

@victorjunkman55

No problem we are all welcome to differ.
I said many community posters , didn't say all for sure

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

eBay on Facebook

@z50com  That sounds great ... here we are not on Social Media ... we have land line phones, cell phones, texting and email, online forums like this, video conferencing ... seems to be enough ways to communicate at present.  There is % of people who are in "our" category and do not use Facebook or other Social Media venues.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 46
latest reply

eBay on Facebook

@victorjunkman55 wrote:

I beg to differ, FB boards are hopping. There is no censorship, and many eBay members work both boards.  eBay help boards are called "hostile" on FB. Mostly newbies without a clue, Some who know nothing about eBays Community boards, ( They Can't Find it) Others who know but would rather post on FB. It's just easyer and faster to get answers. Good Luck to you.

No one said they weren't "hopping". I personally believe they're inappropriate.

The answers are easer and faster there because they are being answered by eBay representatives whom often give inaccurate or incomplete advice.

These are discussion boards manned by fellow sellers who don't make one thin dime off their answers or hard work- the truth may be unvarnished, leading to claims of hostility- but it's the truth. 

Not some eBay flunkie's version of it.

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 6 of 46
latest reply

eBay on Facebook

A word of advice is like an opinion.............everyone's got one!!

Oh.  Wait.  That's not how it goes.......

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

eBay on Facebook

Smiley Wink   Easier, faster to buy/list all on one site, too.  

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

eBay on Facebook

Unless eBay is your "Friend" on FB, they can not respond or even see this board I speak of. It's a Multi company board for sellers on the "Big 3"  It's members are not eBay, Amazon, or Etsy. staff.  That's all I've got to say about that. Good Luck to you.

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

eBay on Facebook

We must have a bunch of Luddites!

A kerfuffle over Facebook!  In 2017! lol

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 10 of 46
latest reply

eBay on Facebook

eBay is too dense to bring back 'chat' which would solve a lot of problems here.

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

eBay on Facebook

@tonycea wrote:

eBay is too dense to bring back 'chat' which would solve a lot of problems here.

Imagine all the listings that couldn't be shown,

all that chatting would take up a lot of server space.

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

eBay on Facebook

LOL, Capital One has chat, it saves money and serves customers in real time, eBay's system is a joke, you have to jump though hoops for 10 minutes just to get the phone number.

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

eBay on Facebook

@victorjunkman55 wrote:

Unless eBay is your "Friend" on FB, they can not respond or even see this board I speak of. It's a Multi company board for sellers on the "Big 3"  It's members are not eBay, Amazon, or Etsy. staff.  That's all I've got to say about that. Good Luck to you.

Okay so I have no idea what you're talking about. I guess I'm not important enough.

A super secret board that you need a special "like" to join I guess...I don't think your FB page is what the OP is referring to...

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 14 of 46
latest reply

eBay on Facebook

eBay chat worked and worked well, it was fast and easy.

You had the whole conversation right at your fingertips.

That's something store owners should be asking for, the return of chat.

DId anyone notice that store owners will still be able to list a customer service number?

Message 15 of 46
latest reply