cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay for Business on Facebook

eBay for Business on Facebook has been very helpful for sellers and I contact them frequently when there's an issue. For the last 3 days all the sellers are getting is an odd message that says Thank you for contacting us on our Social Media channel. We’re here for you any time. You are entering a third-party application, therefore we recommend you do not share any personally identifiable or payment-related information. We will be with you shortly.

Since when are they a third party and why are they not getting back to me shortly. It's been 3 days. Is eBay doing away with this helpful source of information?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: eBay for Business on Facebook

"I contact them frequently when there's an issue"

"Since when are they a third party and why are they not getting back to me shortly"

No offense but the answer is in the first sentence. Was only a matter of time until they became overrun by  every seller finding out about them, and then too many proceeding to bug them for every little thing  instead of using them only as a last resort option after first trying to resolve the issue with regular CS.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

After looking into this, all it is is a new disclaimer reminding people they are on a third party application (FB messenger) and NOT on eBay.  This does not mean they are suddenly being serviced by a third party. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

What I would like for someone to splain to me is why is it that in order to get competent help from a ebay csr one has to go to Facebook? If only they had some sort of forum right here on ebay where they could help sellers?

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@onnius wrote:

"I contact them frequently when there's an issue"

"Since when are they a third party and why are they not getting back to me shortly"

No offense but the answer is in the first sentence. Was only a matter of time until they became overrun by  every seller finding out about them, and then too many proceeding to bug them for every little thing  instead of using them only as a last resort option after first trying to resolve the issue with regular CS.

Exactly so.

=

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@bashort wrote:

What I would like for someone to splain to me is why is it that in order to get competent help from a ebay csr one has to go to Facebook? If only they had some sort of forum right here on ebay where they could help sellers?

Yes.  That would be both helpful and logical.  Add the word e-Bay to that sentence and..........that is where the wheels come off.......

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@bashort wrote:

It would take an office building full of CSR's to answer all the non-sense questions that would come in if it were that easy to get a hold of a well trained, helpful CSR.

As now, a no experience, minimum wage job, is expected to support a person to include their food, living expenses (rent or house payment), possibly a vehicle, clothing purchases, and what ever other extras they deserve, the expense of providing such a service would be too big of a chunk or eBay's bottom line just as it has become for some small businesses.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@bashort wrote:

It would take an office building full of CSR's to answer all the non-sense questions that would come in if it were that easy to get a hold of a well trained, helpful CSR.

As now, a no experience, minimum wage job, is expected to support a person to include their food, living expenses (rent or house payment), possibly a vehicle, clothing purchases, and what ever other extras they deserve, the expense of providing such a service would be too big of a chunk or eBay's bottom line just as it has become for some small businesses.

I am talking about a CSR just jumping in to something being discussed where it is a reasonable question or sending the seller a PM and offering advise, does sometimes happen but not often enough in my opinion

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Third Party = facebook

They don't want you to send them messages with personal information. When they reply to you it would likely be via eBay which is no longer a "third party application" and you can discuss confidential information as much as you like.

If you think a facebook pm is secure from prying eyes you are mistaken (the prying eyes being the 20 thousand people facebook employs to monitor activity on the site).

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@bashort wrote:

Except minimum wage was originally supposed to supply enough to live on simply. Its just eroded to mean 'slave wages' under the guise of 'well, it's just a job for kids' or 'you don't need training to do it' with basically almost any job moved into that category.  Now the balance has been redressed a tiny bit eBay just doesn't want to pay a proper wage for a proper job and are under the illusion that outsourcing actually saves them money. So they have lousy CS.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@bashort wrote:

Except minimum wage was originally supposed to supply enough to live on simply. Its just eroded to mean 'slave wages' under the guise of 'well, it's just a job for kids' or 'you don't need training to do it' with basically almost any job moved into that category.  Now the balance has been redressed a tiny bit eBay just doesn't want to pay a proper wage for a proper job and are under the illusion that outsourcing actually saves them money. So they have lousy CS.

Minimum wage has became irrelevant, there may be some  but I do not know of any employer who is able to currently hire anyone at minimum wage, many are unable to hire at 2x minimum wage, it is a crazy time 

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@bashort wrote:

I felt exactly the same way until this week, when I had no other choice but to publicly shame USPS on Twitter to get a response about 56 packages stuck in Memphis since Christmas, that I realized what was going on with customer service departments being moved to social media.

Social media is now where most people air their grievances and nearly all complaints are public. If left ignored, a single complaint can quickly snowball into an absolute onslaught for a company, and even transform into headlines overnight. 

eBay has relocated their customer service to social media because that's where the public is. They can monitor the complaints there, possibly (and probably) based on views, retweets, shares, likes, etc., while also accepting buyer/seller requests for assistance without so much as a phone bill to worry about.

They don't need anyone answering phones, reps can take their time, which simultaneously allows for a "cooldown period". Based on my own experience, I can tell you this is huge - it usually takes them 24 hours to respond to me and by the time they do, I've usually moved on to something else (at the very least, I'm not as worked up as I was). It makes sense. 

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Very interesting to note that askeBay on Twitter is keeping up decent response times and they are still asking for name/email/zip to verify - so whatever this is about, it appears to only be on the eBay for Business Facebook page so far. 🤔

While I agree with @bashort that directing users to social sites for "better" service is not ideal, @scottiepup may want to try Twitter if they still haven't gotten any response from eBay on Facebook.

https://twitter.com/AskeBay 

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@bashort wrote:

THEY DO !!!!!

At the top of every regular eBay page is a link "help and contact". (On the forum pages it says "eBay help" - takes you to the same place). Click that then immediately scroll to the bottom of the page. Click the "email us" link and follow the prompts.

I have used them MANY MANY times and always gotten an answer within 24 hours. And if I contact them in the morning I usually get an answer the same day.  No need to run off to Facebook (which isn't Facebook any more of course)

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

This wasn't the issue at all - they finally explained that they now require you to log in when they send a link because of issues with Facebook. Only problem is the links don't work all the time. 

Message 15 of 25
latest reply