cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay errors galore in past 24 hours

Yesterday I couldn't print postage for a 7 ounce padded envelope as eBay would only price Priority Mail.  I went to PayPal to print the label for $3.63 (eBay's lowest available label to print was nearly $8).  Today a buyer informed me that she had to make 3 payments instead of 1 because eBay would not combine the payments.  Also eBay took nearly 2 hours to report these payments.  Two other payments are still not reported by eBay though they show up as orders awaiting shipment.  Sad.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I can't list anything in the shoes & clothing category since last night because "The item specific Size is missing" error won't stop popping up. Called tech support and they say it's a bug.

Excellent!

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

All payments now reported.  Better late then never.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I've had that same printing trouble with ebay  - defaults from 1st class package to priority mail . and I have also had three best offers that were sent to late. One I got after the item had ended , then  I got  one Sunday was at 10:52 and at 10:54 the buyer paid full price ( 2nd time this has happened). So was the buyer waiting on me to respond for some unknown amount of time? did he decide to go ahead  and buy it?, did Ebay just put a best offer in for him?, I went ahead and gave him a small discount in case Ebay didn't send me the info in a timely manner 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

We had major glitches in trying to run markdown sale promotions this weekend too.  One markdown that was supposed to start on Friday and run through 11:30 PM Pacific Monday kept being randomly ended by eBay after only a few hours.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@fulltiltbtq wrote:

I can't list anything in the shoes & clothing category since last night because "The item specific Size is missing" error won't stop popping up. Called tech support and they say it's a bug.

Excellent!

Good to know that it is not just me - I've been screwing with a listing for what feels like forever with the same error message. I'll put it aside for now and try again tomorrow with it.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@somanypcs wrote:

Yesterday I couldn't print postage for a 7 ounce padded envelope as eBay would only price Priority Mail.  I went to PayPal to print the label for $3.63 (eBay's lowest available label to print was nearly $8).  Today a buyer informed me that she had to make 3 payments instead of 1 because eBay would not combine the payments.  Also eBay took nearly 2 hours to report these payments.  Two other payments are still not reported by eBay though they show up as orders awaiting shipment.  Sad.

20191015_172312711.jpeg

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

This afternoon I can pay for items any way I want-except PayPal.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I think there is something up with messages, I sent several messages to a buyer over the weekend without response. Today the buyer messages me wondering why I had not replied to her reply to my message. I never received a reply, on ebay or email. I have replied to her and it's been hours without a reply.

Because we are trying to work out details of an additional item to add to her purchase, I assumed Ebay might have blocked the message thinking we are trying to go outside Ebay.....which we are not. I've made a special listing for her with free shipping. But I was afraid someone would grab it before she could so I marked it high and told her to make an offer. But if she's not getting my messages, she's gonna think the price is too high....Plus if we don't get it worked out soon I will be unable to combine shipping because I'll be forced to ship to stay under my handling time. How are we supposed to conduct business if we don't know if our messages are being received????

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

That may explain why I've sent several messages in the last 24 hours and not gotten any responses.

In addition, I cannot delete any drafts, keep getting an error message.

Upside, I was finally able to list a couple pairs of shoes without getting a "needs a size" error message today.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@somanypcs wrote:

There's some other things going on too . Whenever I try to list an item the section that I need to choose is blocked  with a bunch of scrambled words . You need to click all around it to get it to clear up . For a while whenever I received a '' respond  to offer '' notice  there was no way to respond . The offer  couldn't be seen. I think they may have fixed that by now  but not everything  is running smoothly yet . Tulips 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I couldnt do multiple feedbacks. Kept having to do one at a time.

Tried to bulk end 10 listings. Error 9 times. Had to end each 1 at a time.

This server for the forums is taking up to 2 minutes to load a page.

Item specifics screwed.

1 buyer cant pay.

Have to scroll through 1.5 pages of ads to see my item for sale after clicking on it.

Invoice is currently $428 even though my feeds are $70.

Have to manually upload tracking on combined shipments.

Trouble loading pictures.

Error on listing item but it still uploaded to ebay.........sometimes twice.

These are just the ones ive dealt with in the last 9 days.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@cashvaluerecovery2011 wrote:
I couldnt do multiple feedbacks. Kept having to do one at a time.

Tried to bulk end 10 listings. Error 9 times. Had to end each 1 at a time.

This server for the forums is taking up to 2 minutes to load a page.

Item specifics screwed.

1 buyer cant pay.

Have to scroll through 1.5 pages of ads to see my item for sale after clicking on it.

Invoice is currently $428 even though my feeds are $70.

Have to manually upload tracking on combined shipments.

Trouble loading pictures.

Error on listing item but it still uploaded to ebay.........sometimes twice.

These are just the ones ive dealt with in the last 9 days.

I’ve encountered the feedback problem this week but the others in your list are problems I’ve been struggling with for a long time off and on. 

Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Yes some of them are oldies but they are still issues i have faced in the last 8 days or so.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

The last couple weeks we've noticed lots of little glitches. Nothing major. Just time consuming and annoying. Something's up. For some odd reason eBay likes to make changes during the time of year that is supposed to be our busiest.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply