cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Vault - Incorrect Title and Missing Info for Sports Cards

I tried using eBay Vault, honestly against my better judgement. Bought card on eBay, shipped straight to vault. It's been ingested/listed by ebay into my Vault. However whoever wrote the title, left out the YEAR and other important descriptions. Leaving out the year on a sports card, especially for a "Vault" service, is laughably bad. However it's not funny as it's my card, and an expensive one at that. 

Tried to get ahold of support through numerous channels, no response. Wondering if anyone is having issues with the Vault? Really disappointed, and mad at myself for trusting that eBay would actually handle this service professionally.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: eBay Vault - Incorrect Title and Missing Info for Sports Cards

It's been ingested/listed by ebay into my Vault.

@coolections 

I interpreted that as being received (acknowledged by ebay) that it is in the eBay vault, and now listed on the OP's list of items he has in the vault (albeit only ONE with an incomplete title).  Certainly it is possible I misunderstood. 

How one goes about listing items for sale that are in the vault is something that we apparently need to find out if we are interested.  A policy search for "how to sell cards that are in the vault" yields no useful results as of this writing. 

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

that is the item the OP bought. 

@coolections 

Yes, that was his 'purchase' that he sent to the VAULT instead of receiving it physically.  I do not know if there is a public list of what is in the vault.  Apparently, the OP can't readily find his item either?  I did not get the impression that he was listing his "vault product" for sale at this time. If an owner of a product in the vault decides to sell it, how does that work?   Do they make up their own listing/title or have to use the one eBay has "filed" it under, which apparently is the not same as the original product sent to the vault.  Who provides the photos for same? 

@ittybitnot is correct, there is no public list of what is stored in the Vault. The only ones we would be able to view publicly would be listings for sale of items that are already stored there.

More info on how items are handled once they arrive at the Vault:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/trading-cards-listing-tools/using-the-ebay-vault?id=5342 

Basically once it arrives, eBay is supposed to take a picture and add the card details to your Collection, which can viewed in the app.

Viewing your Collection stored in the eBay vault

You can view and manage your cards stored in the eBay vault with the Collection beta tool.
Here’s how:

1. Go to My eBay and select Collection beta.
  2. Go to the In the eBay vault section and select the arrow icon on the right-hand side.
  3. Use the Status filter and Search feature to find a specific card.
  4. Select the card to see further details and options.

See the Manage your collection page for more information on the Collection beta tool.

Selling cards stored in the eBay vault

You can easily list any card you’ve stored in the eBay vault. eBay offers reduced Final Value Fees for eBay vault items. If buyers want their item shipped to them, fulfillment is handled directly from the eBay vault at no extra charge.

Here’s how to list a card stored in the eBay vault:

1. Go to My eBay and select Collection beta.
  2. Find the card you'd like to sell and select Sell this item.
  3. Select the pencil icon in the corner of the Pricing section to add your pricing.
  4. Review the rest of the auto-filled listing information.
  5. Select List your item.
  6. Verify your identity using a one-time security code sent to your phone.

You'll receive payment the same day the buyer pays for the item. Cancellations are only allowed if the buyer hasn't paid for their purchase. See the Order cancellation policy page for more information.

It says you can edit the listing to add the pricing before putting it back up for sale, but the fine print in the terms and conditions says you can't edit the listing info - most likely because the card goes through Authentication on the way in and then eBay applies the Authenticity Guarantee to all future sales, so they can't allow the seller to make changes because then they can't guarantee the card as authenticated matches the description.

https://www.ebay.com/vault 

1. Imaging and Listing Services
    1. By directing an Eligible Item to the eBay Vault, you agree to allow eBay or its partner(s) to create a high-resolution digital image (the " Digital Image ").
    2. eBay will make the Digital Image available in your Digital Collection for inspection. By using the Vault Services, you waive all further rights of inspection.
    3. As part of the Vault Services, eBay will create a detailed record that incorporates the Digital Image and includes a preset title, description, and item specifics that will be used to populate an item listing if you opt to list your Vaulted Item for sale on eBay (the " Listing Services "). The resulting item title, description, and item specifics cannot be modified on the listing, but you will be responsible for designating the price and buying format for your item.

So I can understand why the OP is very concerned about this issue - if eBay screws up the listing info, it could significantly impact the value of the card and he has no way to do anything about it except hope eBay corrects it.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

Thank you for all that....I must have been looking in the wrong place for that information.  I do so much appreciate your diligence in helping here.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

@valueaddedresource 

Thank you for all that....I must have been looking in the wrong place for that information.  I do so much appreciate your diligence in helping here.

You're welcome @ittybitnot ! And you didn't miss anything that eBay likely didn't fully intend for you (and everyone else) to miss.

They "conveniently" place the FAQ and Terms and Conditions all the way at the bottom of the page so you have to scroll past all the pretty pictures and then they make you have to click the + signs to reveal the text.

Just another example of eBay transparency and communication at its finest. 🙄

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

all the way at the bottom of the page so.... 

@valueaddedresource 

LOL.  I figured I must be 'slipping' in my old age....and I don't even use the app!   

You provided all the information that the op @safarivintage  will need to divest himself of this product at the right time.  

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

Always listen to your gut.  Especially when its warning you.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

Still no direct communication from anyone on the ebay "Vault" team. I checked in and noticed the title is edited, but looks like they copied the text from the PSA slab, but still did not include the date!? This is very disappointing. I will be withdrawing my card and will be advising other collectors to avoid using the vault service.

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

@safarivintage wrote:

Still no direct communication from anyone on the ebay "Vault" team. I checked in and noticed the title is edited, but looks like they copied the text from the PSA slab, but still did not include the date!? This is very disappointing. I will be withdrawing my card and will be advising other collectors to avoid using the vault service.

@safarivintage sorry to hear eBay has left you hanging on this. 😞

Maybe devon@ebay  can send a link through internal channels directly to this thread to Director of Trading Cards Bob Means. I would hope this is not the experience eBay wants for Vault users to have.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Hopefully you will receive the exact item you purchased.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 24 of 34
latest reply

Called ebay on this 3 times and still no changes to the title issue on the Colon: after PSA.  i have to end all my listings because it doesn’t show up when doing a search.  Please take out the COLON ::::: after the grading on all listings.  Very bad 

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

My vault card still has title errors. Would like to sell it but I can't edit the title to include "Auto" literally the most common word in card titles. So I guess I'm withdrawing it. 

eBay what has happened? How can you drop the ball on a service like this.

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Ebay seems to be spending a whole lot of money on sports cards vault, sneaker authentication and other things that don't seem to have a huge market. I really don't see their logic behind this marketing. The only three things I see Ebay advertising is the card vault, sneaker authentication and car parts. Of the three car parts is the only thing that may have a potentially large market. You can find almost anything on Ebay and when their marketing reflected that sales were very good. Not so much anymore. 

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

I’m new to the Vault and have recently noticed a title issue still exists, as well as some other concerns. I posted this today:

eBay-Vault-has-some-flaws-that-need-addressed-ASAP 

It doesn’t leave me with much hope, seeing that at least one of my concerns was presented at least 5 months ago with virtually no satisfactory results…

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

I'm in a similar bind. Just went to list a card for sale and discovered that the title was not only inadequate; it was factually inaccurate. The card is in a BGS 10 Pristine slab, but eBay is only allowing me to sell it through the vault if I agree to use their title that lists it as a PSA 10 Gem Mint. The photos also don't show the edges of the slab, which is a problem in its own right as buyers want to be sure there's no damage to that, but I guess it's a moot point since I can't use their system here anyway unless I agree to a fraudulent listing.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

Probably one of THE most frustrating issues with the eBay vault service. I had a 1969 Topps PSA 7 Willie Mays. It somehow translated to 1969 Topps GEM MINT: 10 Willie May #1. Fast forward to right now, there is no consistency on how the cards are titled and I CANNOT get anyone at eBay to fix the issues. 

I tried to sell the card, had to deal with multiple people telling me that the title is incorrect. I have no control over changing it or requesting an edit. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 30 of 34
latest reply