cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Stores - featured categories/listings forced

We choose with our stores whether we want to add rows that feature categories and listings on our storefront. I set my preferences months ago when the new store layout went live.

Today I notice eBay has added a featured row for something I did not select in my settings.

I went to the Hub to manage my store and the row they added is unchecked in settings, so I couldn't turn it off if I wanted to.

Anybody else seeing this?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 79
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Ah, OK. That's a relief. I definitely don't like the idea of ebay adding rows on its own, whether for categories or listings. If this is a test of some sort, they need to scrap it. I might add featured categories at some point, but if so, I want that to be my choice.

devon@ebay  Can you shed any light on what is going on here?

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! I got a response back from our Stores Team on this and they said:

“eBay occasionally runs some A/B tests (usually 2 weeks long) to understand what experiences can help improve conversion from sellers’ storefronts. The tests that prove to be helping with conversion, we are adding those changes on your storefront, so you can get the conversion benefits from it right away. However, We are already working on adding seller control for those for good changes in coming weeks, so you can remove those rows if you still would prefer to not have it on your storefront. Please note, If your feedback is about Featured categories row on storefront, then that’s part of an A/B test and the test will end in coming week.”

Devon,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 76 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

I am not seeing this in my store. What is the title of the row ebay added?  

Message 2 of 79
latest reply

Featured Categories.

I only have a handful of categories so I don't want to waste real estate featuring them. Instead I focus on featured listings.

I went to my settings and there's no way to turn it off because it's already unselected.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 79
latest reply

Making things even worse, they auto-select the image for each featured category, and one of the listings has been OOS for a few weeks and 2 others are nearly OOS. Definitely not what I would have chosen as featured images to represent the categories.

GLORIOUS!

Message 4 of 79
latest reply

This just happened today. If you guys don't mind @eburtonlab and @shipscript, please keep your eyes open for more reports. If either of you hears anything about this being an intentional change by eBay, a test, or a glitch, please tag me.

GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 79
latest reply

This would be the top most row? Mine is unselected in edit store and it does not show up in my store (unless maybe others see it and I don't)?

So, you are saying ebay chose which categories to feature and chose graphics for each category? 

(Is this something you might have used at one point, and then stopped using it?)

Message 6 of 79
latest reply

Not sure this will help at all, but maybe try the old "clear cookies and cache"?

Message 7 of 79
latest reply

So when you go to "edit store", you don't see a blue button that says "add categories"? If not, what do you see under "featured categories"?

Message 8 of 79
latest reply

Top most row. eBay selected categories and images. Never used the featured categories row because I don't have many categories.

Checked Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Found that it's isolated to Safari and I'm seeing it on many stores that I know don't use it.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 79
latest reply

So, when you look at your store in Chrome and Firefox, you are NOT seeing the Featured Categories? It's only in Safari? Would you take a look at my store, and see if it is showing in Safari? (I don't have Safari on my computer)

Message 10 of 79
latest reply

At the top where it says #/8 tasks completed, click on that and I see this:

featuredcategories.png

In the main edit section I see this:

featuredcategories2.png

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 79
latest reply

Try clicking on "Add categories" and see what happens

Message 12 of 79
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Try clicking on "Add categories" and see what happens

addcategories.png

The only thing I have not tried is adding categories then attempting to un-feature categories. I don't want my account to get stuck with them if I add them voluntarily.

Your store does not show featured categories, but you have 4 rows of featured items. I think maybe my account was targeted because I had only 1 row featured. Checked a buddy's account that doesn't feature anything and it was forced on them. Checked another account I know that features only 1 row and it was forced on them, too. But again - only with Safari.

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 79
latest reply

Uh oh. I should have 3, not 4 rows of featured items (Holiday Collection, Newly Listed, and Popular). Unless you are counting the "banner" (with the three cats) as a row, then that would be 4.

I guess you could try adding some categories and then trying to unfeature them....but this is weird, especially since it is only in Safari. 

@valueaddedresource , have you heard anything about this?

Message 14 of 79
latest reply

I counted your banner.

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 79
latest reply