cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Store Video Statistics

Hi,

I am a long-time seller on eBay and noticed the uncompleted task in the store manager of adding a store video to highlight our store and brand.
It mentions, "Stores with a seller video have up to 33% more conversion."
I am wondering where I can find the information behind that statistic? If that information is accurate it would be a huge boost in sales, but with the way that statistics can be manipulated, it sounds like a too-good-to-be-true scenario. Where can I find the data behind this statistic?
I am also wondering where I can find a store or store video(s) that was successful in order to get a better idea of the best practices in creating one. Can anyone help?

Kindest regards

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: eBay Store Video Statistics

@hebertsusedautoparts Nice video! Did you do that in house, or hire someone? Very professional. 

As you say, it probably helps IF anyone looks at it, but ebay doesn't give us tracking to know whether anyone looked at it or not, and does little to direct any traffic to it. I foolishly thought, after ebay gave us the new store fronts and the video, that the next thing would be tracking data and design changes to direct customers to the store home page and video....but sadly, we're all still waiting for that.

I strongly believe a good video can be effective, but it can't be effective if no one sees it.... 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Thank you.  A marketing company did that one, we were very pleased with how it turned out. I can't say we were pleased with anything else they did for what they charged but nothing ventured nothing gained.

You are exactly right without any tracking info or something as simple as how many views we can only guess at it's effectiveness. Hopefully some day we will have that info.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@hebertsusedautoparts  That's my hope, too.

I think it's a vicious circle....ebay wants more people to put up videos and redo their storefronts, and probably doesn't want to provide traffic or push buyers to them until there is higher usage by sellers, and many sellers are reluctant to put the effort into doing this stuff until we know that ebay is going to provide tracking info and actually make an effort to send traffic to our homepages/videos.

So I'm guessing the percentage of store sellers with videos or even optimized store fronts is pretty small, because people want to be able to see the value in doing it before they do it.

The more people who do it, the more likely it is that ebay will provide traffic and data.

The sooner ebay provides traffic and data, the sooner more people will do it.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply