cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Seller Account

Hi. I have an eBay Seller Account with 50 free listings/month. Is my seller account considered to be an online store since I sell products to shoppers? In other words, can I say to people to "shop at my online store" if I have an eBay Seller Account?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

eBay Seller Account

You can say that but technically you are selling your items on eBay's platform. So customers who view your items will view them on ebay, not your own website.

Cecily

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay Seller Account

Hi and welcome!

You don’t have a store on eBay until you subscribe to one. But you could say something like “Feel free to check my other listings.  I offer combined shipping discounts".

Keep in mind that a listing cannot say something like  “Check out the Louis Vuitton purse I have listed that would be so cute with this outfit.” Because no brands for other specific items may be mentioned that violate the search and browse manipulation/keyword spamming policy, see link below.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/search-browse-manipulation-policy?id=4243

“Not Allowed:

• Descriptions that promote items in other listings. For example, a listing for shoes can't say things like "Check out my other listings for hats, shirts, pants, coats, gloves, and underwear...”

Most buyers know to click on the link at the top of each listing that says “See Other Items” which takes the buyer to that seller’s exclusive list of items for sale.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

eBay Seller Account

Most buyers know to click on the link at the top of each listing that says “See Other Items” which takes the buyer to that seller’s exclusive list of items for sale.

If they're lucky. I had a message from a buyer just today which said she tried to look at my "other items" and kept getting error messages.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

eBay Seller Account

Thanks, but, that was not my question. My question is this: When I tell people about shopping for the apparel products, that, I sell, such as, before they've seen my listings on eBay, can I say to the US population in general to shop at my online store at eBay if I have an eBay Seller Account?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

eBay Seller Account

You can say that but technically you are selling your items on eBay's platform. So customers who view your items will view them on ebay, not your own website.

Cecily
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

eBay Seller Account

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

eBay Seller Account

@themothandthebutterfly wrote:

Thanks, but, that was not my question. My question is this: When I tell people about shopping for the apparel products, that, I sell, such as, before they've seen my listings on eBay, can I say to the US population in general to shop at my online store at eBay if I have an eBay Seller Account?

I do. I have a store with my store's name and if people ask about what I sell, I send them the link to my store. I am paying for it. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

eBay Seller Account

Like you, I have a seller account and use the 50 free listings (and listing promos for auction only). I do not refer to my selling account as an E-Bay Store because people pay a monthly fee to have an E-Bay Store. When telling friends or relatives about my E-bay selling, I just say I sell on E-bay and my Seller Name is _________, my login.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply