cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Raises Fees Again

In case you weren't aware, eBay is raising Seller's fees once again. You will now be paying almost 13% (12.90%) on whatever your item sells for, 13% charged against whatever you collect for shipping and 13% charged against whatever eBay collects from the Buyer in Sales Tax.

The thing about the Sales Tax fee is this. It is eBay's legal obligation to collect Sales Tax yet they charge Sellers a 13% performance fee . As in most states if the collected Sales Tax is remitted on time the collector is allowed to keep up to 2% of the full amount.

Not only is eBay charging Sellers almost 13% of the collected revenue they are able to maneuver a 3 to 6 day float on the collected money.

So, it is time to raise the price of whatever you sell.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: eBay Raises Fees Again

True. I like being able to list and reach millions across the US. Beats the heck out of listing elsewhere and getting no response on outdated local sales sites. With some sellers dropping prices, Ebay kind of has to raise fees to compensate for that revenue drop

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

so if item sells for 200 what would be total

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Yeah they raise fees,  then provide worse service more problems and have near decimated sales to some sellers with the most recent update. 

If I'm paying more,  and like others have stated I sell alot of 2.99 items,  so my fees are much more than 13% in the end, I would really like the invoicing problem they are aware of and have work tickets on, including one from me, fixed,  so I can finally invoice my customers.  One is waiting on a near $2000 invoice that I can't send because of an error in their system, though it's boxed and shipping calculated sitting at my feet.  That error is 8 months old. 

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

What's even more penny pinching about Ebay is how they decide what was "promoted" when sold.

I just copied and pasted a title to one of my listings in a message to a buyer to purchase the item he asked for.

Ebay calculated that as a promoted sale. This buyer had not clicked on this listing in the past 30 days. This was a 100% organic, generic, whatever UNPROMOTED SALE and Ebay's money rythms decided this should be a ad fee standard. So blatant. I told the rep to look at our messaging 5 minutes ago. He puts me on hold and comes back to say he can credit me for this sale. I told them to keep it if they need it so badly.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

Well...

In our case the fees don't matter as other then the boots and radio surveys, everything listed on this account was donated to one of our real 'wood and stucco' stores and doesn't fit the merchandise we sell in the real stores and so is 'ebayed'  - It's pure profit on top of the donated stuff sold from said real store, which is also pure profit.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Not everyone is a serious seller. I’m an occasional seller and was shocked to see eBay has once again increase their extortionate fees. Why would anyone defend this? I’m out. I’d rather sell the occasional item in CL than let eBay scam another penny from me

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Why would you defend a company who is further eroding your profit margins while not giving you anything more in return for that increase? Kinda weird that you would blindly defend them

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Isn't  it time to put this baby to bed?

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

This thread is 9 months old. 

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Sales would be better if we could get eBay to spend some money on Network TV Advertising for the Holidays like All the other platforms. 

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@guardian6c wrote:

In case you weren't aware, eBay is raising Seller's fees once again. You will now be paying almost 13% (12.90%) on whatever your item sells for, 13% charged against whatever you collect for shipping and 13% charged against whatever eBay collects from the Buyer in Sales Tax.

The thing about the Sales Tax fee is this. It is eBay's legal obligation to collect Sales Tax yet they charge Sellers a 13% performance fee . As in most states if the collected Sales Tax is remitted on time the collector is allowed to keep up to 2% of the full amount.

Not only is eBay charging Sellers almost 13% of the collected revenue they are able to maneuver a 3 to 6 day float on the collected money.

So, it is time to raise the price of whatever you sell.

I just made a sale for $119.99 + $12.90 in sales tax, free shipping, total $132.89. I paid a FVF of $14.35 plus the 30 cents.

$14.35 is 10.79% of $132.89. Even adding in the 30 cents to make it $14.65 it is still only 11.02%

Even if you calculate it against the $119.99 only then $14.35 is 11.96% of $119.99. With the 30 cents the $14.65 is still only 12.20%.

There are fee reduction options available.

Something about the darkness and the candle comes to mind.

FVF.jpg

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply