cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Promoted 60 Day Metazoo Presale?

So how does a 60 day presale even work? I was pretty sure the policy is very explicit about that guaranteed to ship within 30 days things. I guess having an eBay logo on the product makes it ok?

6,000+ sold in 4 hours all in violation of presale policy and of course now the scalpers are flipping them for 4X+....also in violation of the presale policy.

velvet@ebay  marlin@collectibles  has eBay just decided to completely do away with the 30 day presale policy?

2022-04-25_16-01-02.png

2022-04-25_14-27-17.png

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: eBay Promoted 60 Day Metazoo Presale?

There would be other expenses and builds involved, now that I think about it. For example, the Seller Hub Orders page only keeps transactions for 90 days.

There would be several expensive factors involved in making a change like this. It's probably cheaper for eBay to just pay buyers out of pocket when these claims go past the MBG window - if CS will even do that, which they should as long as eBay is promoting these long pre-sales.

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

It's probably cheaper for eBay to just pay buyers out of pocket when these claims go past the MBG window - if CS will even do that, which they should as long as eBay is promoting these long pre-sales.

@wastingtime101  - there's the rub. That is absolutely what they *should* do.  I can tell you I personally know of 3 people who have gotten "courtesy refunds" in these situations, so it is possible, but CS fights it tooth and nail and it is by no means the normal course of action/resolution....most buyers are told there is nothing that can be done and they are out of luck from eBay, try a credit card chargeback if you still can.

The only people who I have seen be successful in getting any help from eBay in these matters are ones who make themselves enough of a public squeaky wheel, unfortunately.

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

velvet@ebay  - any updates on this?

From search results it would appear the answer is in fact that yes, eBay has decided to do away with the 30 day presale policy.

2022-04-29_09-07-16.png

If so....when can we expect to see that policy page updated? 🤔

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

All,

Thank you for raising this.  The purpose of our pre-sale policy is to create a standard that aligns with the eBay Moneyback Guarantee Program (eMBG) in order to ensure buyers are protected. eBay has in the past, and may in the future, partner with a seller for a sales event where the pre-sale period is greater than 30 days, as we did with this event. Since we are partnering with the seller for these specific events we ensure the buyer is protected if anything goes wrong with the sale (e.g. they do not receive their item), even if it is past the deadline in our eMBG policy.

Regarding the items you have identified since the sales event, if you believe they are in violation of our pre-sale policy, please use the "Report this item" link on the right side of the listing. Select: Listing Practices; Inappropriate seller terms; Presale and our List Practices policy team will review the item and take the appropriate action. 

Thank you.

Brian 

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 34 of 35
latest reply

brian_burke@ebay wrote:

All,

Thank you for raising this.  The purpose of our pre-sale policy is to create a standard that aligns with the eBay Moneyback Guarantee Program (eMBG) in order to ensure buyers are protected. eBay has in the past, and may in the future, partner with a seller for a sales event where the pre-sale period is greater than 30 days, as we did with this event. Since we are partnering with the seller for these specific events we ensure the buyer is protected if anything goes wrong with the sale (e.g. they do not receive their item), even if it is past the deadline in our eMBG policy.

Regarding the items you have identified since the sales event, if you believe they are in violation of our pre-sale policy, please use the "Report this item" link on the right side of the listing. Select: Listing Practices; Inappropriate seller terms; Presale and our List Practices policy team will review the item and take the appropriate action. 

Thank you.

Brian 

Thanks brian_burke@ebay  - glad to have official confirmation that this was a "legit collab" and that buyers of the original listing at least will be protected.

The other listings have been reported....though I do have to wonder why they are allowed to be listed in the first place (it would be easy for eBay to filter these out automatically) and/or why those buyers would not be offered the same protections given eBay's failure to enforce the policy for these listings which are not part of the "legit collab" with special permission for an extended timeframe.

Message 35 of 35
latest reply