cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Open Recaps and Highlights (post them here)

Post any stand out points here after you attend each session. I'll start with what I thought were the top takeaways from the opening session.

Opening Keynote with CEO Jamie Iannone

- eBay will be rolling out an option for sellers to receive immediate payment on offers. They're developing what we've been suggesting for years on this forum- a way that prompts buyers to submit payment details at the time they make or accept an offer.

- eBay intends to add this immediate payment option to auctions next year in 2022- presumably, payment details will be entered at the time buyers place a bid. If they are the winning bidder then their payment source will be instantly charged.

- eBay will be adding a level of seller protection on negative feedback- when a buyer's remorse return is filed outside of the seller's set return policy timeframe, any negative feedback resulting from the return being declined will be removed.

- eBay will be rolling out more payout schedule options with Managed Payments.

- eBay will be providing more ways to spend your balance on eBay- making purchases and something to do with shipping labels that wasn't explained in any detail just yet.

- eBay is looking to add a flag on incoming offers to let you know if it's a repeat customer. This is both good and bad- the good is obvious. The bad is that it sounds like it will be exclusive to offers. We have been asking through this forum for years for eBay to flag repeat customers through Seller Hub. It would be nice if eBay could add that option at the same time they add it to incoming offers.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

I appreciate your highlights - along with many others, I was booted off and could not log in for 30 minutes and then the video simply failed.

This was not a good experience for me and a frustrating waste of time - I won't attempt further.

Very disappointed that ebay could not adequately anticipate today's audience size even though they had a registration head count. They should roll out all videos asap to youtube to appease all impacted by today's tech fail. boo.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

@dees_den wrote:

They should roll out all videos asap to youtube to appease all impacted by today's tech fail. boo.

Andrea Stairs said in the intro that all Keynotes will be added to eBay's YouTube page later. No word yet on whether the other sessions will be streamed anywhere on demand.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

@dees_den- Iannone's keynote is already up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igy61krZLL8

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Were any of you able to attend the category break out sessions? They were all held simultaneously, so if you sell in multiple categories you could only pick one to attend- or split your time and see half sessions.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

I attended the so called Collectibles break out session. They talked a whole 48 minutes on trading cards and nothing on collectibles, as many of us were anticipating. Very disappointed. Hope tomorrow discussions are better. 

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

I think some high-volume sellers would be glad to see that repeat buyers are, well, coming back to buy again.  I have a list of 20 or so Saved Sellers, and I would like those sellers to realize, when I buy from them again, that I am a repeat customer. 

For myself, I sell (on my seller ID) on such a low-level that I can keep tables and charts within Word where I keep real names, eBay user names, cities, states, tax percentages, etc., etc.  So I recognize names if they come back to buy again.   And in feedback to my buyers I almost always say their repeat business would be welcome.  

When I feel like I am able to start selling again (a few different factors are in play), I will be very glad to see more options for frequency of payouts through Managed Payments.  

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

SO  agree !!  

Yes, Sports Trading Cards are Collectibles.  So are Bradford Exchange plates and authentic Hummel figurines.   The session should have been publicized as a discussion on trading cards.  

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Thanks for the recap, Coffee........we weren't able to see much......finally figured out it was both of us individually trying to get it and too much for our internet provider to handle. 

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Hmmmm... sounds like all eBay members will soon get the "option" to join MP.

Better stock up on popcorn and your favorite beverage.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

The Payments Session indicated that, at some point, we will be able to pay for ebay shipping labels with options beyond Pending Payments and Paypal.....so I'm thinking maybe those who would prefer to use a credit card will be able to do so, although they did not explicitly mention credit cards.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

@gerisden wrote:

I attended the so called Collectibles break out session. They talked a whole 48 minutes on trading cards and nothing on collectibles, as many of us were anticipating. Very disappointed. Hope tomorrow discussions are better. 

Same here - missed the Keynote as I could not get it to work - tried multiple times to get in, finally got in, only video would not work.  Frustrating.

Got into the break out session on collectibles.  It was nothing but trading cards - I honestly thought I either clicked on the wrong thing or accidentally signed up wrong.  We do not sell trading cards, so did not work well for us  😞

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

The Collectibles breakout session was misnamed...it was pretty much all trading cards. Great if you sell trading cards,  hugely disappointing if you sell any other type of collectible. I expected a lot of emphasis on trading cards, but was hoping they'd provide at least some insight into what other collectible categories are going to get a similar treatment in the near future. I'm thinking comics might be next (another category I really don't focus on).  If I had known it was going to be exclusively trading cards, I would have opted for a different breakout.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

@tev4all wrote:

Hmmmm... sounds like all eBay members will soon get the "option" to join MP.

Better stock up on popcorn and your favorite beverage.

That's old news.   All the popcorn was consumed in all the past "forced into MP" rants😊

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

The Payments Session indicated that, at some point, we will be able to pay for ebay shipping labels with options beyond Pending Payments and Paypal.....so I'm thinking maybe those who would prefer to use a credit card will be able to do so, although they did not explicitly mention credit cards.

I would appreciate the ability to charge labels directly to my CC and cut out the middle man (PayPal).

I opted for the shopping trends session over the payments session. Someone from Forrester Analytics presented. There was a lot of broad market data. It was definitely interesting- but nothing major stood out to bullet point for you guys. She talked a lot about shopping trends that changed with Covid and where they expected them to go by end of year. It's a presentation I would have found more helpful to review in PDF format rather than live video. The charts and graphs said enough and could have been reviewed more quickly than attending the video session.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply