cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coupon for shipping supplies

ruffian
Adventurer

I used my seller's coupon for $25.00 shipping supplies. It appeared that Paypal deducted the whole amount from my account but it is difficult to tell because they don't list a running balance. I complained to Ebay who told me that the coupon was used so it would be a paypal problem and I had to deal with them. Paypal insisted that they deducted the 25 dollars. When I asked them why the entire amount is listed as the charge they couldnot answer.

Anyway, a friend of mine just used her coupon and the same thing happened. For her because the amount before the discount was more than she had in paypal they deducted the amount from her bank account. I told her to cancel the transaction (done in minutes) and now she is told it will take 3 days to get her money back.

What kind of a scam is this?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

What happens when you click on the plus sign to drop down the details of that paypal transaction. Does it show the coupon?

What was the total of your order and what should the total have been minus the coupon?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ruffian wrote:

I used my seller's coupon for $25.00 shipping supplies. It appeared that Paypal deducted the whole amount from my account but it is difficult to tell because they don't list a running balance. I complained to Ebay who told me that the coupon was used so it would be a paypal problem and I had to deal with them. Paypal insisted that they deducted the 25 dollars. When I asked them why the entire amount is listed as the charge they couldnot answer.

Anyway, a friend of mine just used her coupon and the same thing happened. For her because the amount before the discount was more than she had in paypal they deducted the amount from her bank account. I told her to cancel the transaction (done in minutes) and now she is told it will take 3 days to get her money back.

What kind of a scam is this?

@ruffian

Like the previous poster said, when you go to Paypal to view that transaction, "Payment to Bascom Logistics Corp", it will look like they deducted the full amount from your Paypal account. However, if you click the drop down arrow for that line item, there's a "hidden" transaction which should show the $25 coupon that eBay credited to your Paypal account.  So the net amount should be correct. 

I just went and checked my Paypal account for my supplies purchase on May 1, and it shows both the full amount debited, plus the full amount of the coupon credited.  My net payment was $8.41. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for confirming Violet -  I don't have a store so I could only make an educated guess here.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It's the stupidest way to do things imho, but that's typical of eBay accounting.

It's an eBay coupon so it SHOULD be deducted from the amount before payment, which it is and yet they show the full amount on PayPal less the coupon.

I've also heard with the no penalty store downgrades/cancellations that eBay will ADD the early termination fee then credit it. How eBay is that?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@prefontained wrote:

Thanks for confirming Violet -  I don't have a store so I could only make an educated guess here.

Your educated guess was right on target. Smiley Happy   In fact if you hadn't mentioned to click on the drop down plus sign, I would have thought exactly what the OP thought -- that Paypal deducted the full amount without applying the coupon.  It's easy to overlook the additional information hidden under those plus signs, or dropdown arrows. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
It's the stupidest way to do things imho, but that's typical of eBay accounting.

It's an eBay coupon so it SHOULD be deducted from the amount before payment, which it is and yet they show the full amount on PayPal less the coupon.

I've also heard with the no penalty store downgrades/cancellations that eBay will ADD the early termination fee then credit it. How eBay is that?

Well, they do have to maintain that 80% of payments that go thru PP ................ in some form or other.

I have no idea why you having problems with this coupon code, eBay had send me over 5 times since I was a member and never happen to me. Did you use the code on other purchase? Remember, code is only redeem on eBay shipping supplies store only. It will not work on any other store, like if you buy a item off my store the coupon code will not be validated. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Not sure why you are pulling a thread from almost 1 year ago May 2016

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Sounds like you guys forgot to enter the coupon code.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Aristotle
Message 11 of 11
latest reply