cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

categories: "you cannot delete category until we've completed your previous request"

I am trying to redo my categories

I keep getting "you cannot delete category until we've completed your previous request"

I don't know what it's referring to

I've logged out and back in

Tried different browser

Cleared my cache

Nothing has worked

Can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: categories: "you cannot delete category until we've completed your previous request"

Same issue.  Let's get it fixed Ebay.  It's crippling my growing store. 

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

Re: categories: "you cannot delete category until we've completed your previous request"

@duffy4444 wrote:

It takes time for Ebay to do all the processing/updating on everything that deleting a category affects in your account.

I have the same situation whenever I delete a category. It takes sometimes overnight for everything to reset and allow me to continue with another category. This also happens when I transfer listings between categories.

It's something over which you simply need to be patient.

That's not at all what this is. It's been what- 9-10 months now since this thread started? We still can't make store category changes.

brian@ebay tyler@ebay brittanie@ebay 

Can we get some kind of update other than, "the tech team is aware," please? The last post from Brian on this discussion is 2 months ago and it started close to a year ago at this point. We pay for stores- a basic function like adding/deleting/moving categories shouldn't be a prolonged issue. Thanks in advance.

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@duffy4444 wrote:

It takes time for Ebay to do all the processing/updating on everything that deleting a category affects in your account.

I have the same situation whenever I delete a category. It takes sometimes overnight for everything to reset and allow me to continue with another category. This also happens when I transfer listings between categories.

It's something over which you simply need to be patient.

That's not at all what this is. It's been what- 9-10 months now since this thread started? We still can't make store category changes.

brian@ebay tyler@ebay brittanie@ebay 

Can we get some kind of update other than, "the tech team is aware," please? The last post from Brian on this discussion is 2 months ago and it started close to a year ago at this point. We pay for stores- a basic function like adding/deleting/moving categories shouldn't be a prolonged issue. Thanks in advance.

@coffeebean832 no update on this one unfortunately 😞 I'll see if I can get any new info though.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 48 of 52
latest reply

Same issue. Frustrating. Please fix.

Message 49 of 52
latest reply

It's been over a month since I ran into this issue, and there has yet to be a resolution. I am becoming increasingly irritated that I am unable to manage my store categories in an efficient manner.

Message 50 of 52
latest reply

eBay posted an announcement on Thursday that they made changes to the store category backend. I went in to test things and found that the inability to add, delete and move categories is finally FIXED with these new changes! 🎉

FYI tyler@ebay- I don't know if your team is still tracking this issue since Brian left, but I thought you'd like to be looped in on this update.

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

eBay posted an announcement on Thursday that they made changes to the store category backend. I went in to test things and found that the inability to add, delete and move categories is finally FIXED with these new changes! 🎉

FYI tyler@ebay- I don't know if your team is still tracking this issue since Brian left, but I thought you'd like to be looped in on this update.

@coffeebean832 - 

tylerebay_0-1627940158033.png

I didn't think I'd see the day. What great news!!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 52 of 52
latest reply