cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best offer

am i the only seller who actually likes the best offer option?....i really really do love it! as long as its an offer above what i paid for an item ill take it! 95% of offers i recieve i accept...anyone else? or am i totally alone? everyone else seems to hate it...

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: best offer

Morning,

Now as an avid buyer rather than a seller...I LOVE Best Offers...I actually tend to lean to visiting those sellers first if their price is competitive.

Just last night I narrowed down 3 sellers for a product...made a BO of of 98% of asking price...seller accepted within a short period of time and I also received the 15% ebay bucks promo...so YES I do like them especially when sellers are quick to respond to my offer.

Mr C

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I would like it if I could get an immediate response. I don't use it much anymore because then I have to wait for them to respond and to see what their response is and I usually like to go ahead and purchase. If it is a one of a kind item I don't mind waiting.  But if I am looking for something specific I like to move on.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@vintagemoth12wrote:

I would like it if I could get an immediate response. I don't use it much anymore because then I have to wait for them to respond and to see what their response is and I usually like to go ahead and purchase. If it is a one of a kind item I don't mind waiting.  But if I am looking for something specific I like to move on.

Mornin,

Yes, QUICK TO RESPOND is paramount for buyers like me since there is usually a lot of competition out there to choose from.

Mr C

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I like best offer & use it on a lot of my items.

Most of the time the offers I get are reasonable & I accept them.

For offers that are very low I usually counter-offer.

The best offer option also allows me to vet buyers before I accept their offer.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

We think its great too.  We dont think getting a offer is a bad thing.  If its to low just let them know and be honest were your at.  In a lot of cases with us they send a best offer we let them know we cant take it and they go ahead and get the item anyway.  You cant blame them for trying to get the item cheaper.  Best regards

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I like the Best Offer option as well, it is a good marketing strategy.

I have used it like everyone else, as long as the seller is okay with accepting them.

Note: this should be entirely at the sellers discretion.

But the problem is when I list items for sale without allowing the option, ebay interferes and changes the listing overnight without any approval from me, for half of the asking price.

To me, that is disrepectful, and insulting!

It creates a bad reputation to customers as well, because this now becomes False Advertising, and they are using MY name to do it.

This can also be loosely defined as Defamation at my expense, because of some fool working for them, who has to take a break away from ping pong to give the impression of being productive.

After I changed the listing back to MY preference, and explained my disapproval, I got harassing emails from employees prtending to be customers to force me to lower prices.

For the record, those affected items sold for the asking price.

The key word here is 'Option'!

The level of unprofessionalism by the ebay company, whether it is a bad employee or higher, should not be tolerated.

WE generate the surplus, and commission for the site, and don't deserve the kind of treatment from ebay to behave like Dictators, even if it is just some lazy punk at the keyboard.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

A lot of sellers like it, if THEY choose to use it on their listings.

The objections you're seeing here are from sellers who did not choose to user it only to find Corporate forcing it on their listings agains their will with no easy way to remove it.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

good to know! i was starting to think i was the only seller who actually likes it..lol....i use on all my listings and i really don't mind it always being on there when i create my listings either.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I love it. Most of the time I get good offers that aren't really much less than my actual price & I feel like I sell a lot more by allowing buyers to make offers.
The only thing I don't like about it is that since they don't have to pay right away I've gotten a lot of buyers make offers & never paid! It would be nice if they would at least contact me & let me know that they changed their mind or let me know something.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply