Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Resolved! International buyers with US shipping address

I shipped an item to a buyer at a U.S. address. I received an email from him saying the item was in "his locker," and he would contact me regarding how much I owe in customs.Apparently, the U.S. address is a shipping center, and the buyer lives in th...

Am I getting scammed?!

I have been an Ebay member for a long time and purchase things way more than I ever sold anything. I am recently divorced and tried to sell the engagement ring via craigslist and that was a horrible experience. Eventually, I thought I would try Ebay....

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 44 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay shouldn't let the buyer leave a negative feedback without contacting the seller

eBay shouldn't let the buyer leave a negative feedback without contacting the seller at least one time. How should a seller know if a buyer is unhappy and fix the problem or get the item retuned and refund the buyer? eBay should set a filter that a b...

After the Holidays

It seems like Christmas is a busy time on Ebay. What about January and February? Do things slow down since everyone has spend their money on Christmas or will there still be actual sales? Obviously it seems lately everything is saying that changes ha...

I think it's over for me (Christmas shipping)

It was a busy week of mail but few orders now. I sell books and it's just as well because media mail might no longer make it, and only a few people pay for Priority.

User avatar by Guide
  • 27 replies
  • 1 helpful

eBay's Theatre of the Absurd -

Send your new or used phone to eBay Valet and make money. Find out how much you can get! https://www.ebay.com/s/quicksale/phone?roken2=s.pVmFsZXQgUXVpY2tzYWxlIFRyaWdnZXI=.bQ0M=.g736.cem

Selective Buyers Only

It seems that some buyers who have won a bid or buy now, have a problem with paying; in the few weeks of my being a regular seller, I have had 2 people not pay and had to open a case, eventually re-posting the product again for sale. Now it seems tha...

Buyer asks for refund, says item not as described

My listing clearly says that I don't offer returns, however the buyer opened a case stating the item was not as described, however they don't state how my item isn't as described. I sent them a message asking them to clarify how it is different than ...

insurance for expensive item

If I sell something over $1000, should I add insurance? May someone tell me what's the sense of insurance?

Seller cancels order without confirmation sent to buyer

I recently bid on an auction which I won for 99 cents and paid. The seller immediately uploaded a tracking number. After a week, when I checked the tracking, it showed " tracking status will be updated once the shipment reaches the carrier." I msged ...

Unfair Refund

I sold a vintage pearl necklace for $61 + shipping. The buyer had the necklace for over a week then filed a claim demanding their money back because they say the necklace arrived broken in half. The necklace was very well packaged in a sturdy box and...

Late Christmas Buyers

Had an inexpensive pre-owned toddler's Christmas (with a reindeer on it) $8 dress sell yesterday but before which the buyer contacted me and asked it would make it to her by Christmas. I am in NJ and she in KS and I said I think it will, that was 10 ...

Buyer contacting through MAIL about damaged item wants full refund, thinking buyer broke item

I sold a dish a week ago, wrapped it extremely well, as I do with ALL china as I know how rough USPS can be. Buyer sent me a photo of the broken dish via USPS MAIL not through ebay messaging. (contact outside of EBAY).. Only the photo of the broken d...

Does anyone use 3M clear packing tape?

One of the items I sell are Jack in the Box antenna balls. When i ship them, i put the antenna ball inside the empty cardboard "ring" from a roll of 3M clear packing tape and then put that inside a padded envelope. I find that the best/lightest/cheap...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 3 replies
  • 1 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors