Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Tracking Details

Hi all, The Shipping team wanted to share the following information from the issues with tracking details not being updated:"We are aware that some sellers are seeing tracking details not update automatically to orders after purchasing a label. Our t...

User avatar by Community Team Community Team
  • 0 replies
  • 21 helpful

Late shipping but for a good reason

I was packaging a sweater for shipping, when I discovered a stain I had not seen before. I messaged buyer, explained situation, and she was agreeable to me trying to get stain out before shipping. I did get the stain out, but it delayed shipping past...

New vs. Pre-Owned with handmade jewelry

I have a slight dilemma and would like the community's opinion. I make jewelry, and although only one of my items is posted at this time, I have a question. Often, I will use a mix of new and pre-owned materials to make the piece and can't figure out...

Canceled transaction, then changed mind.

Long story short. I sold a item, the package got returned back to me for some reason and got lost in the process so I canceled the transaction And refunded the buyer (doesn’t clear till weds) because I didn’t want to keep them waiting cause I had no ...

Bidders registered on the day keep on ruining all my auctions

In the last couple of weeks on all of my sales of refurbished PCs I've had at approx 4 minutes to end a bidder with 0 feedback and that had registered on the same day bid on my auctions. I've managed to 'babysit' most of auctions as they close and ca...

Buyer bids, backs out in last 30 seconds of auction.

A buyer bid on two broken cameras I had listed in seperate auctions, then in the last 15 seconds claimed he did not notice the cameras were broken, and said "cancel my bid.". Are you kidding me?! The values for these in POR condition were averaging $...

Arrgh!!! The WHINING by sellers who have never even touched what they're SELLING!

We who carefully inspect and back with our rep each and every item we offer for sale.... I'm tired of the complaints and rants from 3rd party sellers who think its just great to flip data and pull in the money. There's more to selling... much more. R...

No PayPal option in the Adult Section??

Hello,I was just trying to sell some adult movies in eBay's adult section, but it wouldn't show a PayPal option for accepting purchases, and when I try to choose Visa, then eBay tells me a need to have some kind of special paid merchant service to ac...

When Do Defects Apply?

I have a defect incoming from a cancellation and I'm wondering if it applies to your account on the day of the sale, the day of the cancellation or does it apply later? The reason I'm asking is because I'm a small seller and now I need to sell a bunc...

Digital buyer scams

I've been selling digital goods lately and making a really good profit however I keep running into scammers. They ask for the cd key to be sent and after it is sent withing 10 minutes they claim their account was hacked or card was stolen. Then state...

Buyer says card used again at my store, but I don't have a store

Hello, and thanks in advance for your advice.I recently sold an item to a buyer. (Different account.) It's the only item I've sold recently, and buyer paid promptly through PayPal. Tracking shows it has been delivered. Today, I saw this message:"Hi t...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

SNAD of Sealed Item - Can I Provide Manufacturer Contact Information?

Hi - I am dealing with my first SNAD ever (on a different account). Guess it was just a matter of time, have been lucky for 15+ years of low-volume sales. It was a new item in shrink, but the buyer claims several pieces that were supposed to be inclu...

Buyer asks if iPhone is legit after paying

So someone bought and paid for the iPhone 6 I was selling and as soon as I paid for shipping they message me saying “I notice you didn’t have any pictures of the phone on. Is this legit?” I never even thought to have a picture of the phone on. Now I’...

Bad selling experiences

I am a relatively new seller, active over the past 2-3 years. I have never received a bad feedback. Recently I had a number of items for sale, when I was called away on a family emergency(my grandmother was given 2 weeks to live) I took off work and ...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Selling limits

I haven't sold on Ebay in about 3 1/2 years. I want to list 4 items, which I hope will reach a total of about $1200.00. The highest any would sell for is about $550.00. As a seller with a lot of past history on Ebay, will I be subjected to any $$ lim...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors