Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Starting price not appearing in my listing

An eBay oldtimer, but on the shelf for a long time, trying to list an item for bids with a buy-it-now option, in the form for creating my listing I entered $150 with a buy-it-now value of $250, when I preview my listing the $250 is there, but for bid...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Product Reviews

I just had a customer ask to see the "actual picture" of an item we are selling. I responded and essentially told him that you are seeing an actual picture; we hire a professional photographer to take our pictures and that the item in question is one...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Return Request + Profanity + Negative Feedback

Hello all, As the title suggests, a buyer requested a return, then responded in an angry tone, and about a week later left me negative feedback. Here's what happened: 1. Through eBay messages, buyer asked if he could return an item. He mistakenly ass...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 50 replies
  • 0 helpful

Papal fee was 4.5% now?

Just very curious but lazy to call them. So I sold 2 items lastly which was $260 each. I got charged $11.74 fees which is 4.5% from PayPal for each sale. I thought it supposes to be 3% which is $7.8?can someone please explain to me what is happening?...

Unsolicited FREE Shipping turned on and Item Specific overload!

I created 6 listings this evening and noticed that when I worked down the listing form to about the picture uploader the screen flickered and a ton of Item Specifcs appeared (pic below). I was doing a Cast Iron skillet and if you read through the Ite...

Screenshot (1135).png

looking up?

I am terrible with numbers (do not use spreadsheets for example which is shocking I know). So I can't prove it right now that sales have perked up. I will check the Hub at the end of the month to compare April to February and March. But it seems like...

User avatar by Guide
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Relisting an item without starting a UPI case

Hello. A Buyer paid wth PayPal for an item that I had listed for "cash on local pickup" (a large auto parts item). I contacted him through eBay messaging and expalined the terms to him, he replied clearly asking me to refund the payment and said that...

Resolved! antique rock

Hi, i perches this 3LB. stone in antique sell , does anyone know what kind of stone is this. Thank you!

SYI Confirm Account

I am having a problem.....When I go to submit a listing, I get prompted to "Confirm Your Account" - I have to receive a code via email before I can list my item. I have called CS multiple times about this, each time they tell me the problem is fixed,...

Resolved! Feedback

Hello,If I cancel a purchase can the buer still leave feedback?I am talking about a purchase in the buy it now format.Second question is, if the reason for canceling the buy is due to wrong shipping address or because the buyer asked to cancel, does ...

Need advice re: stuck package

Hi there. I shipped an item to a buyer on April 14, and the tracking seems to show it "in transit" with no further updates since April 17 (some info redacted):________________________________In Transit to Next FacilityApr-17-18, 00:00 AMIn Transit to...

User avatar by Scout
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

A video for antique sellers: "Cast Iron UFOs - Unidentified Frying Objects" - https://youtu.be/FrGaO

https://youtu.be/FrGaOd5zv8YI hope you find this useful: a look at a few of the many lost and unknown cast iron skillets and pots produced between the 19th and 20th centuries. Cast iron has been produced in the United States for at least two hundred ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 4 helpful

eBay now listing best offer without your knowledge

I find this discusting. ebay after changing selling format a few times in last few months has now deceided to slip in 'best offer' on BIN listing without even being shown on the page. They slip in best off at about 50% of your BIN price. I have to go...

EBAY should split itself into two so it can have the New & Improved & the Original

It has become obvious to most of us sellers that eBay has made so many changes that no one recognizes it anymore. I have a solution for you eBay. Why not have eBay and eBay 2?? You could then have this new and improved eBay you are destroying the old...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 70 replies
  • 18 helpful

Trying to Understand Impressions SEARCH, STORE and TOTAL IMPRESSIONS Very Frustrated

Hello Fellow eBayers Can someone, in very simple language, explain Impressions to me. I think I get the SEARCH portion. That's the total number of searches made on an item that I have up for sale along with other sellers. Correct? As for the STORE......

Most Marked as Helpful Authors