Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Customers Keep Selecting Wrong Return Reason

JUST VENTING.... I just had a customer open up a return for "Wrong Item Sent" and in the notes the buyer puts.... "need the pierced earrings". The item title was Joan Rivers Clip On Earrings.... the pictures show the clips. The description includes J...

User avatar by Guide
  • 24 replies
  • 13 helpful

EBay collecting tax from buyers in Washington State and Minnesota

I just had a buyer contact me asking for a refund of .55 cents for tax collected on an item, which I had not mentioned in my listing.I contacted eBay and apparently Washington State and Minnesota now require sales tax on purchases by buyers who live ...

Is PayPal message a scam?

Got an email from PayPal saying I had to send them a "personal info" update and choose whether to keep a balance or not keep a balance. Said you could go to Notifications at PayPal if you didn't respond from email. Went to PayPal Business as directed...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Too much of this forum and you let your guard down.

Isn't laughable?I come here once in a while and try to give a solution, answer a question, crack a joke, but never to learn. This is a topic, again, about why we are an extension of the post office, which it shouldn't be, but hey! You don't pay insur...

eBay shine Award highlights Inspiring stories of Small business owners

24Hrs left ! Your Story is worthy of sharing! Have any of YOU, amazing sellers already registered for The small business Shine Awards? if you haven't why not? hrs 'till closing. For those of you who did, congratulations, for believing in yourselves a...

Service metrics peer group return rate in Jewelry & Watches.

I have had 2 SNAD returns in the last 40 days.Irrelevant to the gist of the post, but as some are curious, one legitimate due to my oops and one so clearly not legitimate, someone using the guarantee to rescue them from their own mistake, not mine.As...

Community Chat, May 15 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Happy Wednesday! Join us at this [link] at 1 PM PT today for our Weekly Community Chat with eBay Staff. No set topic this week, so feel free to share your general buying and selling questions. Thanks!

User avatar by eBay Staff (Alumni)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Search engine question

I have several kachina carvings listed right now.When I type the word "kachina" into the search engine, only one of my listings shows up for me, even when I am searching within my own listings.If I filter the results to all sellers and nearest first,...

Warning - Offers to sell outside of eBay, "All applicable fees still apply..."???

I was recently contacted for one of my listings by a foreigner with a brand new account, asking to pay higher than what I was asking for if I would take payment outside of eBay and ship it to his country. I didn't even bother replying to this obvious...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 29 replies
  • 1 helpful

Clothing sellers: Does your item run big or small?

Am I alone when I say I really don't like this question when it's asked about a listing that has a size chart with measurements? It tells me that the buyer strictly buys according to size label (Small, med, large, etc) and doesn't pay attention to th...

Resolved! Spanish Language listing

I am selling a book-set about Spain's military history, a reprint from 1862. The book is in Espanol, no Ingles . My question - In order to attract Spanish-speaking buyers do I need to offer it on another ebay site? The box you can check when you do y...

Is Zero Service Metric Returns in Toys & Hobbies Category Possible?

I have been stewing about this since I got notice a couple of days ago that my final value fees were increasing by 40%, so here I am this morning. I sold 947 items in Toys & Hobbies Category since June 1, 2018. I had 15 Not As Described Returns, whic...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors