Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

no way possible to change 30 day duration of listing when selling fixed-price???

I've tried looking for the advanced tab, but I don't see it anywhere on any page.Been selling on eBay since 2001, but haven't been on eBay for over a year now. Is this eBay's new selling policy? That fixed price items can only be sold for strictly 30...

Sales tax on items bought from china

I bought a 99¢ item from a Chinese seller and ebay charged me 6¢ sales tax on it. I know there are about 36 states now requiring ebay to collect sales tax for them, but I didn't think China would be on the list. Maybe they are not and ebay is just co...

Sourcing products and purchasing for resale

OK, I know we all do this to some degree if we are professional sellers (as opposed to liquidating an estate or cleaning out the basement). I'm currently sourcing stamps (from large collections), to break into smaller lots and sell months later (once...

Bed Bath & Beyond New CEO Cleans House

I was reading an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal. It seems that the company Bed Bath & Beyond is in big trouble. A new CEO was hired. He let go of the entire executive staff that was in place for 20 plus years. It was these individuals...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 41 replies
  • 15 helpful

Are Sellers In Mismanaged Payments Leaving Immediate Feedback For Buyers Who Pay Quickly?

For sellers who used to leave positive feedback right after buyers have paid you, but before being forced into mismanaged payments (MMP), are you still leaving feedback for buyers right after payment, but also while your money is still being withheld...

Can I edit an active "markdown sale" to increase the discount?

Can I edit an active "markdown sale" to increase the discount?All of my items are now on sale through January 6 for 10% off.I'd like to increase the sale discount to 20% off beginning after Christmas. Can I edit the sale to do so? If so, how? If not,...

Being ripped off on eBay fees, CSR does not care

At beginning of the month, I discovered I was being charged unusual fees. I went to calculating and since about Nov 29th (the first couple days it only happened on some of the listings, then suddenly all). The final value fees seem to vary between 6....

eBay Changes to Item Specifics - But Wait, There's More! And More! And More!

So, eBay, when will the latest tinkering with Item Specifics be finished? It's been going on for almost two weeks now (if not longer) and it's frustrating. Items that ended 11 days ago, when I relisted I had to update IS due to changes. I also edited...

Buyer changed mind

Buyer won auction. Paid for it. And I've created a label but did not ship.Buyer claims they thought they were bidding on something else and does not want it anymore.How do I undo this mess?Thank you.

Resolved! Reship to Africa: Is this a scam?

I buy on ebay regularly and never have a problem, but rarely sell. Recently, I tried to sell a used smartphone by auction and I've found it a harrowing experience. On my first try, the buyer (from El Salvador) never paid or replied to messages. I fil...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 13 replies
  • 1 helpful

Beware Buyers

Some sellers are reacting to Ebay's new terms by adding the cost of the item, embedding the cost in shipping costs and bogus taxes. I just bought a print for a hundred bucks, and because I did not notice shipping costs, my final cost was 265 dollars....

Resolved! HELP: I accepted an offer from a scammer who won't pay

Ok so here's some background info: I listed an item and then a buyer made an offer which I accepted. After I accepted his offer, he became unresponsive and is not paying. I don't sell very often, so I made a mistake and opened a cancellation request ...

What's the meanest thing you've said to a buyer?

Tis the season this happens more often than you'd like. Thought it might be interesting. So what's the meanest thing you've said... and do you regret saying it? For me I told a buyer "Sorry I can't send you this item for free and give you positive fe...

Best Listing Tool

What are your favorite listing tools? I don't need fancy templates. I'm looking for a tool where I can create listings offline and then upload to eBay later. I only list a few hundred a month. Thanks.

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Close My Seller’s Account

I would like to close my seller’s account but keep my buyers account. I deleted the items that I had listed. Is there anything else I need to do? Will there be any fees?

User avatar by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors