Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Return package seems lost in transit not sure what to do

A customer is returning an item because she did not like it. The return details say it was shipped 5/11 but it seems stuck in transit at one hub since 5/12. I have no problem with a return but I would like to have the item back before I issue a refun...

Strange things happen on ebay.

I just wanted to share this story. I sell these instant rice ball thingys from Japan. I sell 1, maybe 2, maybe 3 a week on average. Yesterday i sold 15 of them within a few hours. I sold out. I'm not complaining. I'm just trying to figure out why so ...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 33 replies
  • 2 helpful

Buyer return item with major expenses added.

I had a not as described return where I had to pay for return shipping of $51 , even though my shipping cost was $18 and when I sent him a USPS estimate of $26 , he still elected to go with a more expensive shipping. Then to make it worse he didn't m...

Send Offers To Interested Buyers - one seller's experience

When a listing is ending and I am not going to renew it, I will generally send a 10% discount offer to interested buyers 48 hours before the listing ends. This has worked pretty well for me, about 10% of those offers result in an almost immediate sal...

Automatic "Make Offer" Added to Listing (ReDux)

Just finished reading the older (2018-19) comments on eBay's policy of automatically adding the best offer option to a sellers listing/re-listing. Yes, I understand all the ways of getting around it. What I don't understand is why I should have to. F...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Final Value Fee

I had a customer return an item that was not in the same shape as it was sold. I opened a dispute to return partial payment and ebay ruled in favor of the buyer. Not only do i not see a way to dispute this decision as i have looked all over to do thi...

So Sad-Buyer Waited 6 Days & Opened a Case

Never had this problem & wonder f it's another buyer trying to abuse an honest seller. The item shipped 6 days ago & normally it would have arrived by now. He's mad & opened a case. I emailed him explaining how the mail is quite slow lately especiall...

User avatar by Guide
  • 17 replies
  • 3 helpful

eBay as a whole.. Thoughts

Seller’s... I just want your opinion... eBay as a whole.... good, bad, neutral...Some examples, listing issues, rising fees, lack of &/or communication, having “authorized sellers”, etc.Maybe I’ve dug too deep, but I truly feel... Seller’s beware.......

Free insertion fees and auto re-listing tricked me?

Recently eBay offered 200 free listing each month for April-May-June.I've listed 200 for April, plus the usual free 50, and about another 150 new listings for May, and currently have over 400 listings in total. Then, I had some spare listings I've ye...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Actual Seller Support

Ebay is not responding to emails. I can't get help with anything. Is there a way to chat with a CS or are we just screwed as sellers? I get generic scripted return emails that are no help.

Does the quality of the listing matter? Trying something new.

I can't help but to wonder if the quality of the listings matter anymore? They have no bearing on cases and the problem buyers rarely read or try to understand them. Based on anecdotal history I would say that 10% of my users aren't bothered to under...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 28 replies
  • 0 helpful

need help about fees Calculate

Hello everybody I have some questions please as a new seller, recently I received some sales Item, But I cancel it because of the item is sold out and the shipping company couldn't ship it because of coronavirus and this lockdown ... and eBay calcula...

How do I find a sold item by it's tracking number.

Hello,As a Seller I have entered a USPS tracking number on the wrong item. Now that I found the item that was supposed to have that number I'm not able to add and I can't find the former. Is there a way to search an item by it's TN or any other solut...

Resolved! Scam? What do you think?

I shipped a buyer four 2.5 lb weight plates. These are small so they fit right in a padded flat rate. I got a message today and the buyer, who has a 2 feedback rating, says that only one plate was in the envelope. Now, I know I shipped her four. So e...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors