Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Return after 30 day policy

I have a customer that wants to return something 49 days to a 30-day policy. Customers not left feedback either. I tried to contact the customers twice through the return and wants to the message board with no regards. I want to decline this return b...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Accidentally overcharged

What do you do when you accidentally listed an item for too much money like $21 but you meant to list it for $12, and somebody already bought it and you shipped it? if you charged the buyer an unfair amount for an item, would it be best just to give ...

Buyer requests refund for damaged item.

I sold a brand new Tokheim Texaco gas pump bank factory sealed in plastic. I shipped it in a container with added padding inside and buy claims bank was damaged when he removed bank from factory plastic case. How do I know if I am being scammed or wh...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 11 replies
  • 1 helpful

Messages from my account as a seller to buyers, but I didn't send it? (Maybe 3rd party app inkfrog?)

Handful of messages I didn't send. Very specific too, lists the entire listing title in the email. Says be sure to check out our other items. Has anybody ever had this? I am trying inkfrog but this happened well into the trial with no changes. Weird.

A nice note from a customer...

I have this customer that comes back every two weeks to buy a few things (generally he's interested in items in the $10-20 range). He bought a coin set he wasn't happy with and wanted to return it. I sent him a prepaid label (even though he didn't fi...

Buyer doesn't like a tool I sold on Ebay!

I sold a toll that I never used last week. I tried the tool to make sure it works before I shipped it. The buyer contacted me and said the battery only last 30 minutes on a full charge. The battery is only supposed to last 30 minutes, the tool works ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 11 replies
  • 1 helpful

Help!

What do I do when a buyer claims they didn’t receive an item but the tracking number states otherwise? Now PayPal will not give me my funds.

1099 ebay and paypal

Has anyone received a 1099 from ebay yet? I received mine from paypal. I signed up for Managed Payments in August and from August until December I am showing zero dollars from paypal. I am guessing ebay will send one? Anyone have this same issue?

Payment posting delays

My first experience happened when I sold a pair of Serengeti sunglasses. The buyer paid immediately when the auction ended Monday night 1/25/21. Today is Wednesday 1/27/21 ... I received an email at around 7 this morning that my payout was made ... A...

eBay Global Shipping Program Cautionary Tale

Months ago I posted the following thread: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-Just-Charged-Me-for-the-Fees-They-Charged-a-GSP-Buyer/m-p/31301524#M1657838 That situation, after all this time, finally "resolved" itself as much as possible but no...

problem with cancelling a sale

I had a stereo receiver listed as pickup only.someone over 1000 miles away purchased it but did not pay.I contacted the buyer and asked when they would the pick up the unit.a few days later I still never heard from the buyer so I did a cancellation w...

Resolved! making payments

Hi, I have an item that will likely sell for a high price (for me anyway). Anyway, a potential bidder asked if he could make payments instead of paying it all at once... anyone know how would that work? At first I was receptive to the idea, he says h...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors