Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Promoted listings

OK so after years of saying I would never promote a listing I entertained the thought of just looking at what it would cost me. So I go to see and as always ebay tells you NOTHING. OK you can do it from 1% to 100% of what you sold it for. So this mea...

Resolved! Don't i get one free auction canceling?

I know that there is a fee for canceling an auction that has a bid but i read somewhere that the first time you do that on an account eBay waives the fee. was that a lie? and also wasn't the fee supposed to be 10% the cost of the bid or something lik...

Resolved! Advice pls

I'm a longtime ebay buyer but tried my first sale and it was/is a disaster. I listed my item on a 7-day auction with what I understood to be a $1400 reserve. The item sold $600 below my reserve and was paid for. I was pretty careful setting up the li...

Getting in touch with former buyer

Just sent counteroffer to a former customer. I just wanted him to know that I'm willing to work on price, within eBay, on that item and others he was interested in earlier. Missed some statements in counteroffer message.

If I was ebay's CEO, I would do this

I have been doing allot of research as to why sellers are leaving ebay at a large rate. Many are very unhappy for many reasons. If I was ebay's CEO, I would fix this:* charge a lower final value fee* I would not charge a fee based on the shipping cos...

Resolved! Potential Buyer wants video of item sent to phone.

Is this a common thing or is this some kind of scam i should avoid? i personally have no problems making a short video of the item and then sending it by text. This buyer has been asking a lot of questions too. They've asked if it's still available e...

Last Minute Bid Retraction Request from Bidder

Just had a buyer message me requesting that I cancel his bids on two items that I have listed (a fly reel and a spare spool that fits the reel). He bid on them the second day they were active and requested to cancel less than four hours before the au...

Ebay has made it impossible to report scammers

I have gotten several email that are clearly scammers played very common obvious tricks that go against Ebay's policies. I cannot find any way to report these scammers. I've seen this issue brought up before in these forums and it seems that others h...

What am I looking for?!?

Alright yall, I'm back! I came here for advice when i wanted to start selling and this community did not disappoint so im back to ask for more advice now that i have started selling. I am going to go garage sale and thrift store shopping this weekend...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 helpful

New eBay Buyer Scam? Offer Made At Full Price - Send ASAP

I received a Best Offer yesterday that was at full listing price. Seemed odd to me that the buyer did not just pay the Buy It Now price instead of making an offer at the same price. The offer included the following note:"Please Send ASAP! Landline wi...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors