Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

IRS Postpones Implementation of $600 Form 1099-K Reporting by a Year

As a result of taxpayer confusion, lack of clear guidance, concerns about the existing backlog, and impact on the upcoming filing season, industry and stakeholders urged the IRS to postpone the implementation of the new reporting requirements of the ...

Resolved! tax

600 limit. I think Ebay will be losing a lot of sellers, including ME !

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 82 replies
  • 5 helpful

IRS - EBay - Sellers 1099.

Sellers should NOT receiving a 1099… for products sold to Buyers… through EBay. Surely we have some Tax Accounts out there knowledgeable in this area (?)… In this cases… eBay is a Third Party transaction payment processor. Sellers are paid by our Buy...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 30 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Must be the season to harass Sellers On eBay

I think it would be great idea if eBay could make it where you could block messages from people that purposely harass you through messages for no reason what so ever. Even when they are not buying stuff from you or have never bought anything from you...

Resolved! 1099-K Delayed? Oh, I sure hope so! :-)

Well, I hope this gives us the time needed to fight this onerous reporting law. Thoughts? Apparently, we now have a DELAY in the 1099-K reporting until 2024 (for the 2023 tax year). Does anyone have some insights on this? I'm fairly new on eBay, and ...

Secret Santa!

Yes, it is that time of the year! Secret Santa is here! Let's Start this party! Rules : 1-. Have FUN!!!2- Limit is $20 or whatever you want after that3-Sign up here , and add you likes and dislikes4- Sign it will close on Dec 4th Midnight5-. PM shipp...

Sales Plummeted

Hello:)I was wondering if any other sellers have seen their sales plummet in the last few months? Not sure if it's due to algorithm, new payment systems or something else.Just curious to know what your experience is.Best,BK POP RELICS

When your potential customer gives you TMI

Received this note from a customer on why she missed bidding on my Sunday auctions: "I am so sorry that I missed your auctions on Sunday, but I was carted off to jail Friday night and spent 4 days because I missed a court appointment that I did not k...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 6 replies
  • 5 helpful

Resolved! Buyer wants weird shipping of local pickup item

I had a set of chairs listed for local pickup only. I never shipped anything freight before and don't even know how. So the buyer emails me a few times saying he wants them shipped. I looked into it and the box needed is 42 x 42 x 42. I replied that ...

User avatar by Scout
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Good After-sales Practices

I just completed my first sale and there's a section that is asking me for feedback - positive experience?Since the item was brand new, I have no experience with it. Are they asking me for feedback on my experience with the buyer?Also, what are some ...

Listing doesn't appear on ebay at all

I'm having a problem where I'm trying to list some products yet when I check on a separate account, the listing doesn't appear on ebay at all (explaining my lack of views), it's been more than 24 hours so I believe it's done indexing. What could it b...

Why don't buyers pay anymore?

I only sell a few times per year, typically when I get a new device and sell the old one. For well over a decade it's been fine, but now the people who win the auctions just don't pay. There seems to be no penalty for them to renege so they do consta...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 13 replies
  • 3 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors