cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

active selling page changes

The selling pages have been changed. Now the active page lacks the option to select and edit multiple listings. I then click on selling overview and have the same issue, only this page has the option to revert back to the classic page that allows me select multiple listings and edit. I can't believe that the new layout is missing the multiple select feature. Am I just not seeing it?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I'm confused ... perhaps it is because I'm familiar with Seller Hub, and you are using an older, unsupported interface.  So, what do you mean by "selling page"?   Are you referring to the Seller Hub Listings page (or the "manage active listings" page), or something else?

Maybe posting a screen shot would be helpful.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

go to summary page

on left hand side under "Selling" click "Active"

The new design of that page doesn't let you select multiple listings to use the buld editor tool. The new design is also on the selling overview page but that page has a link near the top right to "switch to classic view". I can multiple select from the classic page. I just thought I must be missing something on the new layout. Why would ebay remove a great tool?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@member5150 wrote:

go to summary page

on left hand side under "Selling" click "Active"

I don't have something on the left hand said that says "selling".  But, that may be because I use Seller Hub.

I get this impression that you are referring to old selling pages.  If so, do you realize that all the old selling pages are no longer supported, and are being removed from the site?

(By the way, I think I was able to get to the page that you are referencing, and I am able to see the checkboxes using Firefox.  My guess is that you are using a browser that is not displaying the page correctly ... again, since these pages are no longer maintained, behavior is unpredictable).

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I don't use any seller tool or app. I just use the ebay website. Yes they are changing the look of pages. I just want to know if the feature I was using to edit multiple listings at once is still available. Maybe its still there and I'm looking in the wrong place.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@member5150 wrote:

I don't use any seller tool or app. I just use the ebay website. Yes they are changing the look of pages. I just want to know if the feature I was using to edit multiple listings at once is still available. Maybe its still there and I'm looking in the wrong place.

The feature is still there ... but keep in mind that those pages may disappear some day, and since they are no longer supported, they will start to have errors.

Seller Hub is the set of eBay pages that replaces the old seller page that you are having problems with.    Here is some more information:  https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/seller-hub.html#m22_tb_a1__5

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

The older ebay pages are what I want. The new ones are missing the multi-select feature. I'm talking about the little checkbox beside each listing, you check more than one and then click the "edit" button. I used it when traveling to change the handling time of all my listings at once. The little checkboxes aren't on the new page. Also I don't think we are talking about the same thing. The new page designs have been up less than a week. I have seen the "seller hub" mentioned in this community for a long time.

So I'll ask another question that may help you solve my problem

how do i edit the handling time of several listings at once?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Does this page work for you?

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextAllSelling&ssPageName=

You can bulk edit from there, I just did so.

You can also bulk select from the seller hub under active listings, click the box next to the word actions, then use the dropdown menu.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active

54979e87a519cdfdeb29fc9f28d3b855

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@orangehound

Hello, Orange. I use the Classic page with my Store. No one told me it was Not Supported? It works fine for me. Yes, I understand eventually the Seller Hub will be phased in, but what do you mean that it is not supported. I think of terms of like Windows XP is no longer supported which I understand. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@orangehound

Hello, Orange. I use the Classic page with my Store. No one told me it was Not Supported? It works fine for me. Yes, I understand eventually the Seller Hub will be phased in, but what do you mean that it is not supported. I think of terms of like Windows XP is no longer supported which I understand. 

@abfabvintage

It was announced in the Fall 2016 Seller update that the old Selling Manager will no longer be supported after Spring 2017 ... this means that it will no longer have updates or fixes, and if an incompatibility arises or it develops errors with the interfaces to the eBay databases, that it will not be fixed.   For example, the OP is experiencing an incompatibility (likely with the OP's browser) ... well ... stuff like that happens with unsupported software, and it will not be fixed.

Because of potential problems, I believe everyone but perhaps the hobbiest should be using Seller Hub (or third party software interfaces).

Here's the announcement:

https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate16/seller-tools.html

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@orangehound

Thanks for your explanation. From your comment, I guess I am not a serious seller. There are a lot of serious sellers still using the Classic until Seller Hub arrives in full force. And there are numerous glitches from reading these threads. In May 2018 I changed store level, had eBay update/convert my billboard Store into the new & improved, and the Classic Active page did change with a note:  "We've updated your Listings page...Check out the simplified design, improved load times, and find your listing summary at the top." Which is still Classic.

I only asked that you clarify about the not supported part as I thought it was some kind of security risk or it will cause some other problem with listings, not to mention both Classic & SH have the no show views/watchers off and on.  Thanks for your honest reply.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

@abfabvintage wrote:

@orangehound

@abfabvintage

It was announced in the Fall 2016 Seller update that the old Selling Manager will no longer be supported after Spring 2017 ... this means that it will no longer have updates or fixes, and if an incompatibility arises or it develops errors with the interfaces to the eBay databases, that it will not be fixed.   For example, the OP is experiencing an incompatibility (likely with the OP's browser) ... well ... stuff like that happens with unsupported software, and it will not be fixed.

Because of potential problems, I believe everyone but perhaps the hobbiest should be using Seller Hub (or third party software interfaces).

Here's the announcement:

https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate16/seller-tools.html

That Update also announced that Turbo Lister would stop working but he's still chugging right along. In fact he had a Data Update just today.

I still use Selling Manager and see nothing wrong with it. Works just fine. Seller Hub won't work with my slow DSL connection.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply