cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account restricted

My selling privelages have been restricted for seven days for the second time this month. The first time was because I used stock photos as y main photos for the items I was selling so I got a trademark violation. Okay, I can understand that one, and I revised all my listings with my own photos and use only pictures I take for everything now. But now again I'm restricted for trademark violation and when I called they said it was because there isn't enough description of the item, but I have the brand and name and weight and size and type in every item. They said I need to explain where the item came from in my descriptions but I see nobody else having to do this! Is this because I'm a relatively new seller and it's just standard stuff or is there a certain buyer that keeps reporting me or something? My items are authentic so how can I get ebay to lift these restrictions and avoid this happening again???

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: account restricted

Op, you have received good feedback from the buyers so far. If I were you I would get my source info and call eBay about it. If you are legit you should be allowed to sell. I wish I'd seen the Opium listing, I would have snagged it in a heartbeat.
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

well as soon as I am able to list again I have another I will be sure to put it up with the next listing for you 🙂

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Thank you . 🙂 That actually really helped to clarify things. I can understand from ebay's perspective how it might look since I'm still new. I will just have to be patient. Afterall rules are set in order to protect all parties. I appreciate your response.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

OP, this is your second restriction in a month. That is serious. You need to proceed with extreme caution and not break any other rules. If there is another one, it could well be the dreaded “indefinite restriction” that sellers do not recover from.

If i were you, i’d read ebay’s communications to you carefully on next steps you need to take. Whenever i have heard of other seller suspensions over authenticity, eBay usually asks for documentation be sent to them, not included in the listing descriptions. Could you be mistaken about that? Not doubting your veracity, just hoping to help.

When selling on eBay, it is not unusual to see imperfect boxes for designer goods. Often having the box is preferable, despite the damage, which would need to be highlighted in the listing.

Good luck to you and wish you well in your eBaying.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

@greymable-4 wrote:

No they are all authentic. I check the batch numbers before I list them.

I hope you are not relying entirely on batch numbers to prove authenticity.

Where you bought them is what will matter to eBay if they ask for proof. 

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

@greymable-4 wrote:

Thank you . 🙂 That actually really helped to clarify things. I can understand from ebay's perspective how it might look since I'm still new. I will just have to be patient. Afterall rules are set in order to protect all parties. I appreciate your response.

Oh my, another reasonable poster.  Many in this situation come to the Boards spitting nails and demanding their right to sell more.

I commend your character, OP.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

LOL
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

@greymable-4 wrote:

well as soon as I am able to list again I have another I will be sure to put it up with the next listing for you 🙂

I'll be fighting for that one too....lol. wink

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:
Op, you have received good feedback from the buyers so far. If I were you I would get my source info and call eBay about it. If you are legit you should be allowed to sell. I wish I'd seen the Opium listing, I would have snagged it in a heartbeat.

Good thing you said that, moondog, I read that OP will list it just for you!  

Win/Win there.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply