cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Feedback Numbers Displayed on "Items For Sale From" Pages

Wandered over here  https://www.ebay.com/sch/berserkerplanet/m.html    to take a quick look to see if BO had been slapped on my listings and noticed that the feedback numbers are whacked.

Should be 1607, but starts at 1602 and works its way up to 1607 on the last item entry. Is doing it in FF3.6.24, FF31, and on my phone in Opera Mini (which indicates probably isn't a browser specific issue) Checked another seller with 5k+ feedback and same thing except ranged all over more and not in ascending order.

Not fatal in and of itself but indicative that yet something else is broken inside eBay.

ebay_wacky_feedback_count_my_items_page.gif

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Sorry, link above got mangled with trailing spaces. Corrected:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/berserkerplanet/m.html

Same page as "See Other Items" link on a listing page for a seller.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Issue is still occurring in Firefox 3.6.24, Firefox 31, Firefox 52.2.1, Opera 11.61, and in Opera Mini on my phone (Edge browser on phone doesn't display the seller info in the search results) for any seller whose listings I have looked at.  alan@ebay

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Turns out it is not just a specific seller search where this bug occurs - appears to be in any search results.    @Anonymous brian@ebay

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I've seen this for a long time. I figured it was the sellers feedback when he/she listed the item.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'm starting to think the same thing. I haven't looked too hard and deep, but have not seen any numbers greater than the sellers actual feedback count.

(wandering off to look at my own results, listing dates, feedback....)

I think you are right. It's the feedback count at time of listing or relisting.

It's still wrong and I'm sure is a programming bug - it should be updating as feedback count changes. As is, it's useless number that just causes confusion (if anyone pays attention to it).

Can you think of any rational reason for it to be intentionally displayed that way?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Why should that number be a variable field in the programming? It's not important. Ebay must want those pages static, unable to be altered, helps with verifying what was sold. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Variable?   Everything is variable on eBay.  Everything you knew about eBay on Monday has changed by Tuesday.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

We are not talking about individual sold item pages (where the feedback count doesn't stay static anyway and always updates to current count).

This is happening on search result pages. Active, sold, ended listings. All wrong.  When you click a search result for any found item (with the incorrect feedback count displayed), and then view the actual item page, the feedback count is correct on the item page.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@berserkerplanet wrote:

Wandered over here  https://www.ebay.com/sch/berserkerplanet/m.html    to take a quick look to see if BO had been slapped on my listings and noticed that the feedback numbers are whacked.

Should be 1607, but starts at 1602 and works its way up to 1607 on the last item entry. Is doing it in FF3.6.24, FF31, and on my phone in Opera Mini (which indicates probably isn't a browser specific issue) Checked another seller with 5k+ feedback and same thing except ranged all over more and not in ascending order.

Not fatal in and of itself but indicative that yet something else is broken inside eBay.

ebay_wacky_feedback_count_my_items_page.gif

Hi @berserkerplanet, this is a strange one! I'll get it over to our tech teams for review and provide an update when one becomes available. Thanks so much for letting us know about this!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply