cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will shoes without inserts fail eBay Authenticity Guarantee?

I have a pair of shoes I'm sure are legit but they don't have the original inserts inside the shoes, will this cause them to fail the authenticity guarantee and cause the sale to fail, or will eBay always fail and return shoes that don't have the original inserts?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Will shoes without inserts fail eBay Authenticity Guarantee?

I would think without the insert from the production that these would indeed fail authentication as they are not in the original condition when made/purchased.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

ebay will definitley pass them. How do I know? Because I bought authenticated sneakers where the seller shipped the shoes and left out the shoe inserts (scam), and when i received them after authentication, ebay absolutely would not permit returns or reimbursements.

but also saying that ebay authenticity guarantee will "always" do something is not possible. I've had shoes purchased through authenticity guarantee fail when I resold them, I've had shoes delivered 2 sizes smaller than the listing with the authenticators specifically marking them as "same as listing", I've had dupes so horribly done get authenticated. Its a HOT MESS.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Totally agree. If the listing is not as described in any way and they still pass authenticity, you file for a return and they will automatically deny it if seller does not accept returns. that being said you have to open a dispute from there. keep hounding eBay and get ahold of an actual person.. a case will be opened up and they take forever responding and resolving disputes but if you keep hounding and asking for an update, send appropriate pictures in a timely manner, I have been fully refunded for sole separation that was not listed in description. I have also had shoes fail authenticity for having defective insoles and the size tag not being visible even though they were definitely authentic. The authenticity thing is a gift and a curse. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@agro2024 

Old thread friends...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply