cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will ebay remove this negative?

Please read the description and item specifics of my listing # 

255085782161 and then check the feedback I received.

The size of the painting, 2.5 x 3.5 inches, is stated 3 times including ebay specifics AND also stated the painting is the size of a playing card.  The title also indicates small art. 

I requested revision and email from ebay says, "Please respect buyer's decision"???

I note all FB left by this buyer is negative.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Will ebay remove this negative?

Thanks for the suggestions all.   

I've been selling here since around 2000 and had perfect feedback before this, so this seems unfair when size was clearly disclosed.   No word from ebay yet.  I emailed and messaged them on facebook.

I've started adding this as a pic to my art card listings...1111AAA.jpg

I'll be back to complain when I get neg'd for not sending someone a card with this statement on it in addition to the art card. 🙄

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

@jenafern wrote:

I appreciate the suggestion of also showing the dimensions next to the photo, but the item specifics as well as the item description, a total of 4 times the size is stated as well as "small" in the title.. I do think I did due diligence in indicating the accurate size.

Yes but it has been my experience on eaby it is best to go above and beyond due diligence.  I didn't want to insult the intelligence of the buyers by going so far aboveboard either, but several returns showed me it was probably best to do so anyway.  Even then I still struggle with it at times, but going way above and beyond, to the point of practically holding the buyer's hand step by little bitty step, seems to have worked... Keep in mind, doing so also makes you look more experienced and better prepared, and that alone can help you thwart potential problems.

As for the neg, there was a time when opening a request might yield fruit but it seems lately eaby isn't removing any.  Also keep in mind, I believe a revision request goes to the buyer?  Not sure on that...

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

Put the size in the title. Don't assume that everyone knows what ACEO means.

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

You are correct, the size of the painting was listed. The buyer's feedback is wrong as it implies that the size was not listed. I think the negative feedback should be removed for this reason but that is eBay's decision and whether negative feedback is removed is based on the discretion of the employee who happens to get your request.

A negative feedback is not a death knell although a negative feedback is disappointing and some sellers feel hurt. I try to put everything in perspective, you can't please everybody no matter how hard you might try to do so. I would simply address the buyer's complaint factually and accurately one time only (no going back and forth with the buyer over who is wrong).  Potential buyers can see that the majority of your buyers are happy with the items they bought from you and it is reflected in your feedback score.

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

Your feedback is fine and this one neg is not worth spending any time on.  And the buyers comment, bad and incorrect as it may be, was not libelous.  The first part of your response was all that was needed.  Now just forget about it and move on .

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

Was hoping to click on this today and your contact to e-Bay thru social media had been fruitful.  Sorry to see it is still there.  😞

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 21 of 37
latest reply

Seriously doubt you will get the negative removed. We just got one that was a one word racial comment which had nothing to do with the item or the service received. Contacted ebay who removed the racial word and replaced it with 2 dashes (they will not remove the negative).  The kicker is we cannot even post a feedback reply to this as its blocked by ebay and  I think I would almost rather have the original racial comment  where at least buyers could see how crazy it is and our reply to it instead of 2 dashes.

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

Wow, that is just insane.  It’s unreal this is tolerated.

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

I just read the feedback - dear GAWD, this buyer gets an original painting, a nice miniature, for $7 with free shipping and feels 'absolutely ripped off'?  

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 24 of 37
latest reply

If you cannot get the negative removed, it will not hurt you.  People who collect ACEOs are your main customers, and they know ecactly what an ACEO is.  They were searching for ACEOs when they found yours.  They're going to pretty much shake their heads at that neg.

Mind you, I think it should be removed.  I'm just saying that even if it remains you shoudn't worry about it.

=

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

Thank you katzrul, chapeau and Maxine.

the buyer had initiated a return & eBay business (via FB) told me to ask again once the return is complete.

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

You did the right thing by responding to the buyer's negative feedback which makes the buyer look incompetent at reading descriptions.

Buyers will see your response to the negative which should not affect your future sales or reputation although it looks bad temporarily and lowers your positive percentage for awhile until it drops off after a year.

Make sure to block the buyer from future purchases to protect yourself and learn from the experience.  You might want to mention the dimensions in the title in current of future listings to make it crystal clear for buyers of your small paintings.

Keep selling and move on, don't let it bring you down.

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

I had the same situation and my neg was removed yesterday.  The lady opened a case against me saying things against the item I listed in the listing. She didn't like the color, etc. Ebay ruled against me, all of this I explained to the person who answered the phone. The neg was removed yesterday.

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

Glad your neg was removed froggy.   Hope springs eternal.

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

Here’s an update.   I know the buyer initiated a return, but I only just figured out how to see the details:

“reason: 

Doesn't match description or photos
Comments
A tiny 1 in square print IS NOT a custom painting!!! This isn’t worth 20 cents.”

I’ve sold hundreds, if not at least 1000+, of the 2.5x3.5in art card/ACEOs over the years and have regular collectors.   

It blows my mind that this buyer would outright lie about the size and also say it’s a print.  I don’t do/sell prints.. have considered it, but not cost effective for me.

Painting as small as I do took some doing to get used to.. painting smaller would be a feat.. one I couldn’t accomplish.

I know this likely isn’t the case, but I’d love it if the return goes through eBay so it’s clear what was sent, etc.     That won’t happen, though, I’m guessing -  anyone know?

I note the neg this buyer left for another seller (just a dash) is gone.  I’m hoping mine will be, too.  Think that’s likely if the buyer doesn’t return?   There’s a tracking #, but doesn’t look to have been shipped yet.

Thanks again, all.  You’ve helped me get perspective on this, though I still just hate that this happened.
Message 30 of 37
latest reply