cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the eBay logo all red in listings now?

In the forums it's still the original multicolor but I just noticed recently that everywhere else it's all red now. Is this change just some $100,000 a year eBay programmer trying to earn his keep?

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Why is the eBay logo all red in listings now?

ebay has made it a goal to change at least 1 thing a day to their site. Although over 95% of the changes are unwanted and are damaging to the relationship,some will go unnoticed.
Message 2 of 67
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

In the forums it's still the original multicolor but I just noticed recently that everywhere else it's all red now. Is this change just some $100,000 a year eBay programmer trying to earn his keep?

I noticed the change too . Perhaps they went all red  for the holidays for the time being ? Tulips 

Message 3 of 67
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:
 ... Perhaps they went all red  for the holidays for the time being ? Tulips 

Apparently so.  An eBay staff member commented on another thread about this; he said it was about holidays. See post #19:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Is-anyone-else-suddenly-seeing-the-ebay-logo-in-all-red-on-som...

Message 4 of 67
latest reply

When I first saw the red logo, I thought I had somehow ended up on a spoofed eBay site or that I somehow had downloaded a virus. But in coming to these boards, I now know better.

Message 5 of 67
latest reply

@stickboy1974 wrote:

When I first saw the red logo, I thought I had somehow ended up on a spoofed eBay site or that I somehow had downloaded a virus. But in coming to these boards, I now know better.

The logo turns red if there is excess steam pressure in the boiler. Someone should look into that.

Message 6 of 67
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

Well, ebay isn't going to tell.  In another thread, Trinton wrote:

"Hi @dhbookds, visual changes to the logo should not be cause for alarm. This is a common practice for the holiday season and we have made many changes to our logo over the years. Happy holidays!"

Of course, he doesn't say that it has been a common practice for ebay - which it hasn't.  And, even google hasn't been doing it nearly as much as in the past. 

I'm just waiting for the blinking neon-style signs, both online and while driving through the country-side in New Mexico - right after the Burma-Shave signs.  Smiley Wink

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 67
latest reply

If it's for the holidays, then for now it should be orange for the FALL holidays!
Message 8 of 67
latest reply

Ebay could at least have sent everyone an email mentioning it. Heck, they email me everytime I even look at an item I'm not the least bit interested in buying.

Message 9 of 67
latest reply

Could be the REDE wave !!

Message 10 of 67
latest reply

Did anyone stop to think about Rememberance Day / Veterans Day November 11. The color of the Poppy is Red.

Message 11 of 67
latest reply

That's mighty abstract.  Especially since eBay shipping labels options don't  recognize the holiday even though it's on the official USPS holiday list.

shipping label holiday veterans.png

Message 12 of 67
latest reply

It was changed to reflect the performance of eBay stock.

Message 13 of 67
latest reply

Must be because soccer club Benfica is red. I have no ideia why red the logo.

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 14 of 67
latest reply

Red Wave lol
Message 15 of 67
latest reply