cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did Ebay Make Selling So Difficult?

I've been selling on EBay for years and now I can see that they completely messed around with the selling format and completely messed around with something once so easy to use.

Here is a list of things that eBay has changed and now have no idea how to use:

1. Changing the duration on a Buy it Now auction, I get no options and it defaults to 30 days listing on both PC and my iphone ebay app.

2. I can no longer adjust my Best Offer settings to automatically reject or accept offers.

3. I can no longer add two different shipping options

There are many other things that eBay changed that made my life as a seller a living hell but finding out how to do these would be a huge help. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I’ll agree it can be frustrating. For a while during the transition there were three different listing forms in use.

There are two newer versions of listing forms. They both have options to change which features are shown…

One form defaults to a simplified quick listing format. You can switch to an advanced version. Only the advanced form could let you change some details like best offers, return time, ect. I’m not sure this one is still around, but it may be if you chose sell similar from an existing item.

On the most recent listing form, there is an option to customize in the upper right corner. By checking / un-checking boxes, you can add or remove features. This one I actually like, you can hide things you don’t use like sales tax, international shipping, ect. This really de-clutters the page.

As far as the app goes, I try to avoid using it for listings. It lacks many of the choices the PC form has. I mainly use it to sell similar items as it keeps the same settings. I also occasionally create a draft on the app just to upload photos straight from my phone. Then I open the draft on my desktop and finish it there.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

To escape from the new ultra-streamlined Quick version of the listing form:  Click on "Save and exit" at the bottom of your draft listing. In the upper-right corner of the next screen there's a link for the Advanced version of the listing form. After you click on that, you can re-open your draft and it will have the regular options including "Best offer" and the full list of options for Duration.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply