cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which countries to block?

Hi

Any bad experiences from certain countries? I am clueless for Africa, Asia and the middle east.

Thanks

Weatherloach

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Which countries to block?

There are restrictions to all countries. Therefore, everything depends on what you're selling. Latin America used to be a big problem for me via 1st Class & Priority Mail. Once I switched to USPS Express Mail, UPS & FedEx to that region, the problems stopped immediately. You should also look into the Ebay Global Shipping Program. That might give you a better warm & fuzzy feeling when considering international shipping. Regardless, there are always risks when shipping internationally.

Good luck.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Russia - FedEx and UPS stopped service there. Airspace and travel restricted thus doubt much is going in or out that country.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should ultimately think 1st about what your sending and if it will be an annoyance and heavy loss, of profit, if it is claimed as not received. 

SEND IT TRACKED DELIVERY with a reputable courier delivery service.

Pay for the best postage, not the one that's a best deal, if what your sending is expensive...

Research the buyers location, as it could be a holding depot, to post on to a location you had restricted. 

I only sell to mainland United Kingdom as I live in the United Kingdom.......

Sending items overseas, has proven, to my experience, to be difficult. Plus I hate the added hassle of adding on export tax and filling out the forms, then worrying if what you sent, will arrive, then worrying if the buyer will accept what you have sent them, as, even if you have "no returns", a buyer can still return goods as defective... then you'll have to pay import tax, and make a claim for a refund of import tax, to get your goods back.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply