cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the escalate button?

Wow. The return process is actually not very easy to follow. Seriously? I have to upload a pic or it won't let me submit the request (btw, it doesn't say that - I just repeatedly pushed a dead button until I finally realized a pic was required)? What if it's an invisible problem? Do you want a MOVIE of it NOT working?

Anyway, I can see why buyers get frustrated, and also continue to wonder why anyone would run a business without studying policy (contradictory listing - used, in working order.... oh, btw, doesn't work). 

Initiate return. Seller replies - info was clearing in listing description, we'll return original shipping but you pay to return it.

Um, no.

So, now, where the heck is the escalate button? I shouldn't have to work this hard (and neither should the average buyer).

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Where is the escalate button?

There have been mentions of having to submit a photo when you open a NAD case.

Not sure if it's a fact or not.  And whether it's an eBay requirement, or some seller just asks you for proof of your claim.

In that case, if I ever have to open an NAD case, will be out of luck -- no camera and no cell phone.  Think they would accept a crudely drawn sketch?  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If it's not working, the complaint is SNAD and you shouldn't have to upload pictures. 

And since it's SNAD, seller doesn't have a say as to who pays return shipping.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I believe that the escallate button doesn't appear before the time is ready for you to ask eBay to step in. 

Why would you be required to furnish a photo?  I don't think eBay has ever required that. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Just push the big, blue 'Return this item' button next to the item in your Purchase History, select a reason and submit it.

No photos required. If and when it's time to escalate, do that then. Good luck.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hi @this*old*attic 

You won't see the 'escalate button' ... [it's actually a link saying 'ask eBay to step in'] ... until 4 full business days have passed since you opened the return request.

You're actually not able to attach photos to a case ... just to a message.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

There have been mentions of having to submit a photo when you open a NAD case.

Not sure if it's a fact or not.  And whether it's an eBay requirement, or some seller just asks you for proof of your claim.

In that case, if I ever have to open an NAD case, will be out of luck -- no camera and no cell phone.  Think they would accept a crudely drawn sketch?  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 @7606dennis @albertabrightalberta 

That's what I did. Button next to the item. Clicked differs from description (or however they word it). Absolutely forced me to upload a pic (time waster). Also a space for me to explain the problem.

Then a message pops up that seller has blah blah days to Dec. something or other to reply, and they'll let me know when seller replies. If no reply, they'll step in.

Well... I got my reply, but it's unsatisfactory.

So where's the @#!$%&* escalation button? LOL.

And we wonder why the site has a bad rep and buyers are going elsewhere.

"Used in working condition...... oh, by the way, not working." Of course - you can get more money listing as used (maybe some cosmetic issues but works as intended) rather than listing "parts or repair."  I'm so mad I didn't parse and squint closer, but I shouldn't HAVE to.

Is it even a music box if it doesn't work anymore? Seems to me that's a statue.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@soh.maryl 

I feel A LITTLE better - you made me laugh.

Still really peeved, though.

Bopped over to Facebook, like everyone recommends. We shall see.

At least they can clarify the process, even if there are solid timeframes.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Never mind, the SNAD kicked in. Email from Ebay to wait for my return label and they'll step in if I don't get one by Dec. 18.

Still confused by the required pic thing - what on EARTH do you do if it's an invisible problem, and why don't they label it as required to submit?

Unless it was the Facebook Team? Posted there at 11:39, and just realized the "good news, label is coming" email landed in my box a little over an hour later.

Yay, Team CS Ebay!!!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply